• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical COT

Aries

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

After a cursory search, I couldn't find any info pertaining to my question so I figured I'd ask.

Background: Due to a chronic injury, I was placed on PCAT which put me out of current trade specs (crewman) but left me available to stay in the forces. Everything came back from D Med Pol and my CO annotated my 2088 with a recommendation for COT.

The trouble: Where does it/I go from here? The BPSO staff, on an earlier attempt, told me they couldn't help me out until I had some sort of official word that I was actually getting recommended for COT. Currently, people handling my file are unaware if this annotation from my CO suffices as enough evidence to be brought forth to the BPSO to get this process started or if they need some sort of paperwork or form from DMCA.

Further to that, I know OT's can take quite some time, as I had VOT'd into this trade. I was wondering if COT's are somehow expedited or if they are subject to Boards sitting down and the "meat market" involved in getting accepted into whatever new trade I qualify for and is open at the time of offering. The real question here is what kind of timeframes am I looking at? I just need to give my family a Warning Order so that we can start making adjustments and curb our plans.

Other then that, thanks for any and all help and I sincerely appreciate any advice you have to offer.

Cheers!

Engage your divisional officer -and request a BPSO COT/Medical file referral creation with a CO's cover letter.  Give a most recent MPRR from HRMS and FORCE test to your Div staff for inclusion into the file.  They can pull a copy of your CF 2088 from your PERS file.  Your DivO will advise of any additional requirements as the file is being created (e.g. medical status confirmation by CDU).

Your BPSO has requirements for the referral file to be built up by your divisional staff -- if they are not familiar with the latest procedures they need to contact your BPSO directly for direction (or look online if your BPSO has a DIN page).  To make matters complicated, PSEL branch continues to change the handling of certain types of transfers over the years, so even I am in the dark until I have to do another file.  Processing time by your CoC will depend on their existing workload.

From my dealings... PSEL is a very weird branch and service standards seem to vary by the base, their requirements for referral files make them a pain in the *** to deal with, and they don't help the member much when its a simple file fix.

Back