• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical COT from Boatswain to...

AmacMoney

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Morning,

So i am currently a Boatswain and have 4 years in the military. A couple days ago i got a message for a Medical COT, in regards to a no shaving chit. I had some questions in regards to trades.
Weapons tech- Will my training for managing and maintaining Small Arms put me in a better position then going in fresh? What does the QL4 Package contain?
Ammo tech- What does the QL4 package contain?

And last but not least, are there any suggestions on trades that would have some transferable components compared to my current trade?

I can not go navy or fire fighter so my options are pretty limited. I appreciate your time to read, and look forward to the comments.

AmacMoney said:
I had some questions in regards to trades.

In case you have not read them already, you may find some answers here,

Weapons tech-
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca++weapon+tech&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=iv8hV5zvO8SC8QfA-IrADQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca++weapons+tech

Ammo tech-
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca++weapon+tech&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=iv8hV5zvO8SC8QfA-IrADQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca++ammo

AmacMoney said:
And last but not least, are there any suggestions on trades that would have some transferable components compared to my current trade?
I can not go navy or fire fighter so my options are pretty limited.

From Forces.ca

Boatswain

Related Civilian Occupations
•Tugboat captain
•Deck hand on a fishing vessel
•Boatswains employed by private ships

With that to go by, it's hard to suggest which trades in the Army or Air Force would be the best fit for a Boatswain. If there is not a comparable job, you may have to settle for a suitable job.

I am sure those handling your COT will have some suggestions.

as a fellow boat'swain, if you would have completed your ql5 and obtained your journeyman status(small arms maintainer course)this would have help you transfer for sure.

painting ,spray paint composite repair(rubber repair) and sewing on your ql5 as increase my BPSO interview into getting a avotp to ACS ,ALSO ANY CIVILIAN COURSE YOU CAN START PRIOR OF YOUR INTERVIEW will help if its related to the trade you applying for.

good luck with your cot

The OP states this is for a COT (Medical), it is likely he doesn't have time to apply for and complete courses civie-side.

AM, were you given a list of trades you were able to apply for and are at the determination of choice point?

i was not given a list yet, im just looking into it my first interview is the 12th, im considering other trades aswell i was just looking for something that had a direct transfer due to how much i love the trade of Bosn

Hello,

As this is compulsory OT (medical) you will be meeting the PSO a few times.  The first time you will be presented with a list of MOSIDs for which you meet the CFAT and the entry standards (ES).  From this list you will chose which MOSIDs interest you.  If you do not meet the CFAT for an occupation of interest, you may request a CFAT rewrite but depending on how many times you have written it already it may not be plausible. 

Once you have selected from the first list the PSO will now compare those MOSIDs for which you have an interest, meet the CFAT and ES to that occupations task statements.  Your MELs (medical employment limitations) must allow you to complete all tasks in the target MOSID at the LS/Cpl rank level.  If they do not then those MOSIDs are removed. 

The final list will be presented to you and you will be asked to choose from the occupations and that will be the MOSID you are given so long as it is on the monthly reassignment list.  So if you meet all the criteria for Wpns Tech or Ammo Tech, you will offered one of those . . . if not you will not be offered those. 

My advice is after your first meeting with the PSO and you have some MOSID options, do a deep dive on each to ensure it is what you want.

Cheers and good luck

Andraste

Back