• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medal Storage Box

Joetourist

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey I'm looking for a medal storage box to keep my medals safe. Six medals total court mounted overlapped, so about 6 inches across. I've been keeping them in a padded envelope but would like to upgrade to something safer that maybe my kids will keep someday. Not a fan of those 'medal wallets' and would prefer something wooden, or like a giant ring box. Anyone know a good source for those? I found one online in the UK but would prefer local. Thanks in advance!

What area of the country are you in?  There are usually a few retired guys with woodworking shops that make them to order around most major bases. A lot of the places that mount medals also have shadow boxes, coin boxes etc.

I'm near Vancouver. There are a few places with shadowbox-type things but not really storage boxes. I don't want to display them, just keep them in a proper box. I dropped in the Legion but nothing there. I'm sure I'll stumble across something.

There are a few on facebook that I've come across; this one is the first one that popped up (it's in Ottawa).

https://www.facebook.com/pg/GDTWoodcraft/posts/?ref=page_internal

There are a few others, but can't but my hands on the websites at the moment.

You may also want to look around the Victoria area, or call over to the armory and see if they know anyone that makes them for the DWDs.

Challenge coins are also huge in the US military culture, so if you poke around FB, etsy etc there are lots of off the shelf designs and people that do custom work.  Not really a lot to it though really, so any competent woodworker should be able to knock something together pretty easily for you if you bring some kind of design idea to them.

Navy_Pete said:
There are a few on facebook that I've come across; this one is the first one that popped up (it's in Ottawa).

https://www.facebook.com/pg/GDTWoodcraft/posts/?ref=page_internal

There are a few others, but can't but my hands on the websites at the moment.

You may also want to look around the Victoria area, or call over to the armory and see if they know anyone that makes them for the DWDs.

Challenge coins are also huge in the US military culture, so if you poke around FB, etsy etc there are lots of off the shelf designs and people that do custom work.  Not really a lot to it though really, so any competent woodworker should be able to knock something together pretty easily for you if you bring some kind of design idea to them.

GDT Custom Woodcraft (https://www.facebook.com/pg/GDTWoodcraft/) is excellent (even if I do say so myself) and can make whatever you like to whatever specification.  Shipping to Vancouver from Ottawa is no problem.

I have mine in a nice wooden cigar box. That's always a cheaper option.

Fishbone Jones said:
I have mine in a nice wooden cigar box. That's always a cheaper option.
Depends on how expensive the cigars are.

Back