• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medal and Awards Research

gaspasser

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All, we are looking for a photo of the medal(s) we will be issued in CM for MSS.
I know it's the SWASM and some (KAF) get the campaign star.
Any help,
Cheers,
:army:

Google is your friend:

http://www.gg.ca/honours/medals/hon04-sw_e.asp

http://www.dnd.ca/dhh/honours_awards/engraph/med1_e.asp?cat=3

Thanks GW, I DID search for this on the site but got no joy.
Cheers,
:salute:

DIN address: http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhh/honours_awards/chart/engraph/chart_display_e.asp?cat=3&ref=SWASM&submit1=Go

Any clerk should of been able to answer this in less then 4 seconds.

PO2FinClk said:
DIN address: http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhh/honours_awards/chart/engraph/chart_display_e.asp?cat=3&ref=SWASM&submit1=Go

Any clerk should of been able to answer this in less then 4 seconds.

Ok, so I was slow in answering. If this was a time test, I would have had it nailed.  ;D

Done, done and answered. Thanks all.
I resubmitted, got a reply of "a submission has already been made with that name".
Then where the heck is my medal??    :rage:
Waiting and waiting is not my forte.

mods can lock or delete,
BYTD

BYT Driver said:
Done, done and answered. Thanks all.
I resubmitted, got a reply of "a submission has already been made with that name".
Then where the heck is my medal??     :rage:

mods can lock or delete,
BYTD

I dislike seeing things like this pop up but on occasion mistakes are made both on our part at DH&R (Department of Honours and Recognition) and more often at the members unit.

BYTD, PM incoming

BYT Driver said:
Then where the heck is my medal??     :rage:
In either case it is far more then likely that it was ordered through an OR (either Theatre or your Unit), and they would be in measure of tracking it down.

It could even be sitting in some Cheif's office waiting for the next unit parade :p

PO2FinClk said:

It  could even be sitting probably is in some Cheif's office waiting for the next unit parade :p

Just a guess - based on past experience.

Roy

PO2FinClk said:
In either case it is far more then likely that it was ordered through an OR (either Theatre or your Unit), and they would be in measure of tracking it down.

It could even be sitting in some Cheif's office waiting for the next unit parade :p

I think that byt dvr is talking about the Kuwaiti medal that he can receive but is not permitted to wear (cause the Cdn gov't has already issued one award for this operation).

Isn,t he supposed to apply directly to the Kuwaiti embassy in Ottawa?

Yes, I am.
Thanks for adding the clarification geo.
Edited to add:
And just to clarify even more.  I and my co-worker were looking for the SWASM.  I am still looking for my LKM on another thread.
Mods: you may lock this up.
BYTD

geo said:
Isn,t he supposed to apply directly to the Kuwaiti embassy in Ottawa?
In that case yes.

DIN Link:http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhh/honours_awards/instructions/engraph/lib_kuwait_instr_e.asp?cat=3
The Embassy of the State of Kuwait has put in place a self-identification program whereby qualified recipients can apply for their medal. In an effort to assist with the process for serving members of the CF, qualified recipients are asked to provide DHH 4 with some basic information, which will be passed on to the Embassy. The medal will be sent directly from the Embassy to the address provided by the member.

PO2FinClk said:
In that case yes.

DIN Link:http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhh/honours_awards/instructions/engraph/lib_kuwait_instr_e.asp?cat=3
PO2.
Asked, answered and in another thread.

Roy Harding said:
Just a guess - based on past experience.

Roy

And a pretty good guess at that Roy.

BYT,

8 Wg (gee where are you at??  :D ), especially the WLEO Branch, has a habit of saving them up for parades!! I got presented 4 of them there on one Parade along with something else too. 5 seperate trips to the dias at that. I think the whole of the Branch could impersonate my walk (and snorting-kind-of-laugh) by the end of the darn Parade.

BYT Driver said:
Hi All, we are looking for a photo of the medal(s) we will be issued in CM for MSS.
I know it's the SWASM and some (KAF) get the campaign star.
Any help,
Cheers,

Okay, what is CM and MSS?

Hey i am in search of information on the process of selling or donating WW2 army medals and pictures for my friends mother who would like to see the medals not lost after her father died any information would be greatly appreciated thank you

:cdn: :salute:

Hmmm....
Medals are not / should not be sold at auction.

You might inquire about donating them to a military museum OR a local reserve unit's historical collection.  While they usually won't pay cash, they can provide a tax receipt based on some valuation.

Some of the local Legion branches might be able to point you in the right direction....

Medals are personal property and while I agree 100% with Geo that they should not be sold or auctioned there is no law in this country preventing it. 

A museum will probably accept the donation and a good collector will probably pay for them as well as keep a record of the medals provenance (history), the choice is up to the owner.  My personal feeling is that family is best. 

Make sure that your friends mother knows that she can give them to any member of the family it does not have to be the first born son or anything.  We had a WW2/post WW2 rack returned to DHH by a woman who claimed that she was returning them because she and her late husband had no son's and therefore no-one to pass them along to.  What a shame, they now sit in our vault and collect dust, almost forgotten. :(

Reccesoldier said:
We had a WW2/post WW2 rack returned to DHH by a woman who claimed that she was returning them because she and her late husband had no son's and therefore no-one to pass them along to.  What a shame, they now sit in our vault and collect dust, almost forgotten. :(
If you have the individual's pedigree, the medals & the soldier's history should be sent back to his unit for addition to their historical collection.

I'm sorry to all veterans if it seems like we are trying to get money shes wants her father remembered and she is more consered about honoring her father and making sure he is remembered than making money on it umm I'm living in Halifax if anyone can give me info on where we can donate them and the history of her father please help she has no intrest in selling them to anyone she just wants to make sure  that what her father did in WW2 wont be forgotten

Back