• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

med. cat. and re-enrollment question

nate

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello to anyone who can help.

I graduated BMQ in Oct. 04 and was on SQ in LFCA TC MEAFORD when I was put on a permanent med. cat. (I think Occupational 4 from O 3).  While on Holding Platoon, I met with the doctor on the base and my options were to wait for a medical release (1 year or more) or just ask for a VR.  I asked for and was granted the VR, but since then (Jan 05)  my medial conditon (Knees) has been resolved and I have numerous tests and opinions of medical professionals to back this up.  There is no longer any sort of medical problem.

With that said, I am wondering what my chances are for re enrollment, what the steps are, time frame etc.  I was originally enrolled as a 031 NCM and that is what I would like to do again.

thanks in advance,
nate

nate said:
......., but since then (Jan 05)   my medial conditon (Knees) has been resolved and I have numerous tests and opinions of medical professionals to back this up.   There is no longer any sort of medical problem.
A Military Doctor or one outside of the Military after your VR?     (or)    Are you still awaiting VR?

nate said:
With that said, I am wondering what my chances are for re enrollment, what the steps are, time frame etc.   I was originally enrolled as a 031 NCM and that is what I would like to do again.

Knee problems are pretty serious.   They usually do people in completely.

If you are still awaiting VR and it was a DND Doctor who changed your Medical Category, you may still have a chance of not taking a VR.   It will be up to the Medical Review Board in Ottawa to make a decision on your case, if you decide to fight it.

My vr went through, it was a civilian doctor and physiotherapist who figured out what was wrong with my knees.  The DND did not put in any effort to get to the bottom of the problem.  I was told to wait 1 year + for a medical release or I could just ask for the vr and not bother waiting around for a year for the same end result.

Back