• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meal Cards

meni0n

Reaction score
Happy holidays everyone,

I got a question, I'm back home for the holidays but still paying for rations. Can I for example go over to the local ASU and use my meal card there to eat lunch or is it only restricted to the base you're paying rations at?

AFAIWT the cost of the rations that you are charged factors in leave (such as Christmas time) and thus you are not exactly paying for rations over Christmas....    Could be different though, but we raised a big stink about the same thing at CFMDS (the food sucked) and we were told the Forces policy on it was that they took the annual cost of food service (which took into account not providing food over leave periods) and divided it on pays...

So that would lead me to believe no swapping it on other ASU's.

Could be wrong.

Meridan is right you can't use your meal card at other messes. 

However when you get back to your unit you can submit a ration remit for the time you were away.  My guys do it all the time when they leave on tasking or leave for long periods.  Go see your clerk when you get back and make sure you have a copy of your leave pass/tasking message.

If your not at a unit but one of the schools doing training they may very well do what Meridian has mentioned and factor in your leave into your monthly allotment.  Best bet is check with your clerk/OR when you get back.

Thanks for the prompt replies I'll go see the ROR when I get back.

Back