• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MCpl Kristal Giesebrecht, Pte Andrew Miller - Canadian Forces Health Services - 26 June 2010

RIP Troops. Our condolences to the family and friends of our two fallen comrades.

:salute: :cdn:

I'm with Technoviking on this one. Of course, this just a very brief mention on the 5:30 PM news because...

a bunch of ne'er do wells want to riot in Toronto. This steams me. :rage:

I've been watching the idiots in TO perform carnage for no reason for and hour and no mention so far.
My heart is heavy tonight,
Cure Per Paratum, To Save a Soldier.

I was with 1 FSH before we became 1 CFH for Desert Storm we were a small close-knit family then. 
My condolences to the families, friends and the medical branch tonight.  :piper:

:cdn:

:yellow:

edited for spelling

As always the Canadian media has its priorities right :rage:
Thier sacrifice will never go unnoticed,
and will never be forgotten

RIP  :salute: :cdn: :yellow:
deepest condolences to thier families

RTG

Rest in peace Kristal and Andrew. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them. :salute:

Kristal had a smile that will never be forgotten by anyone she encountered. :'(

:salute: :salute:
RIP MCpl Geisebrecht & Pte. Miller, you will be sadly missed around Petawawa.... gone but never forgotten.  Safe forever in the arms of the angels.  :yellow:

RIP........our thoughts and prayers go out to your families and friends...... :salute: :salute:

RIP troops. You gave everything you possibly could have to the service of our great nation. Gone but not forgotten!

News Room
Statement by the Minister of National Defence on the death of two Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan
NR - 10.071 - June 26, 2010

OTTAWA - The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, issued the following statement today on the deaths of two Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan:

"We grieve the loss of Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller who died yesterday in Afghanistan. These soldiers were killed by an improvised explosive device while on patrol in Southern Kandahar.  This is a tragic loss for Canada and for the Canadian Forces.

My heartfelt sympathies are with the families and loved ones of these brave soldiers, who should be proud of the selfless sacrifice made by Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller.

Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller gave their lives helping to create the secure conditions needed for reconstruction efforts and continued progress in Afghanistan.

Canada's participation in this United Nations-mandated, NATO-led mission is a true reflection of our values. We will not deter from helping those in need. Afghans are re-building their country and their communities, living conditions are improving.

I join with Canadians, and the Government of Canada, in supporting our troops who are helping create a better future for the Afghan people. We will honour the sacrifice of these brave soldiers by continuing our efforts to build a safe and secure Afghanistan.”

Deaths of Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller
June 26, 2010

Message from Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, on the deaths of Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller
OTTAWA—It is with profound sadness and regret that my husband, Jean Daniel Lafond, and I have learned the tragic news that two more Canadian soldiers have died Saturday in Afghanistan. Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht from 1 Canadian Field Hospital, based in Petawawa, Ontario, and Private Andrew Miller from 2 Field Ambulance, based in Petawawa, Ontario, were killed by an improvised explosive device while on patrol in Southern Kandahar.

Needless to say, the family, loved ones, friends and colleagues of Master Corporal Giesebrecht and Private Miller are in a state of shock and completely devastated by this news. We have not forgotten them and we offer them our deepest condolences. May they know that Canadians across the country grieve with them.

We recognize the valour, heroism, courage and undeniable generosity of heart of this man and woman. Motivated by a deep desire to do their part in the difficult struggle against the nameless violence, terror and injustice to which the Afghan people have been subjected for decades, they have sacrificed everything and given their all.

Our soldiers deployed to Afghanistan and elsewhere in the world alongside NATO forces and under UN authority are responding to the call of duty, faithful to Canada’s commitment to serve the cause of peace and stability throughout the world. They merit our respect, our admiration and our gratitude.

Michaëlle Jean

- 30 -

Media information :

Julie Rocheleau
Rideau Hall Press Office
613-998-7280
jrocheleau@gg.ca
www.gg.ca

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada
26 June 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper issued the following statement today on the deaths of two Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan:

“To the family and friends of Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller, who died yesterday while on patrol in Southern Kandahar, I offer my deepest condolences.  Canada stands behind you in these most difficult and trying times.

“These soldiers served bravely while helping to build a stable Afghanistan.  Our Canadian Forces members in Afghanistan daily face life-threatening situations that are created by an enemy who is working to undermine the building of a democratic and self-sustaining society.

“The courage and dedication demonstrated by Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller speak volumes about their pride in Canada and in creating a better country for the Afghan people.

“The commitment of our men and women in uniform is not diminished by these attacks. Their participation in the United Nations-mandated mission is a true reflection of our values: helping those in need and defending the interests of Afghan citizens.

“We are making a difference and the Government of Canada stands proudly with the Canadian Forces as they strive to protect Canadians, our interests and our values.  This is a tragic loss for the Canadian Forces and all of Canada.  Let us never forget Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller whose sacrifices served to bring hope to the oppressed people of Afghanistan.”

My sincere condolences.

RIP to the fallen their sacrifice will not be forgotten .

R.I.P soldiers :salute:  Andrew i will miss you my brother i still laugh about our little "tactical" pizza mission at j-tower at 2 in the morning.

Krystal and Andrew were brought back to their FOB by a different QRF Amb crew and were loaded onto the Chinook with an impromptu Ramp Ceremony, there were Pipes (played by a Strat WO) and small honor guard of troops.

They are very much missed by their friends where they worked

RIP

As always my heart is very heavy to hear of any Canadian losses.  My deepest respect and condolences to the Medical Branch. 
Paul Franklin and Audra Franklin

Just seen this on tv...All 4.5 seconds of it.
F***.
Rest in peace soldiers.. Job Well Done.
I will never forget your sacrifice to Canada,
and your mission to Afghanistan.
My heart broke when i heard this.
Condolences to Family, Comrades,and Friends,
Scoty B. (Salute)

Back