• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MCpl Kristal Giesebrecht, Pte Andrew Miller - Canadian Forces Health Services - 26 June 2010

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
From here

Two Canadian soldiers were killed in Afghanistan when their armoured vehicle hit an improvised explosive device, the military said on Saturday.

Master Cpl. Kristal Giesebrecht and Pvt. Andrew Miller, both medics, had been responding to a report of a mine found in the doorway of a home when their vehicle detonated the IED, the military said. The blast occurred approximately 20 kilometres southwest of the city of Kandahar.

A third soldier was taken to a hospital on Kandahar Airfield Base and was in stable condition.

The two deaths raise the toll in Afghanistan to 150 members of the Canadian Forces and four civilians.

More at link. 

RIP soldiers.  Both medics.  RIP to you, and condolences to your families and friends.

2 Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan

Last Updated: Saturday, June 26, 2010 | 6:37 PM ET

Two Canadian soldiers were killed in Afghanistan when their armoured vehicle hit an improvised explosive device, the military said on Saturday.

Master Cpl. Kristal Giesebrecht and Pvt. Andrew Miller, both medics, had been responding to a report of a mine found in the doorway of a home when their vehicle detonated the IED, the military said. The blast occurred approximately 20 kilometres southwest of the city of Kandahar.

A third soldier was taken to a hospital on Kandahar Airfield Base and was in stable condition.

The two deaths raise the toll in Afghanistan to 150 members of the Canadian Forces and four civilians.

Sgt. James MacNeil of Glace Bay, N.S., was killed on June 21.

More to come

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/06/26/afghanistan-soldier-dead.html#ixzz0s0CrC462

This just in from CBC.ca:

A third soldier was taken to a hospital on Kandahar Airfield Base and was in stable condition ....

More from CanWest and the Canadian Press.

Condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of the fallen.... :salute: :salute:

Just heard it on the news.
Sincere condoleances. :salute: :salute:

rest in peace  :salute: :cdn:  Just heard about this on the news, Bad news to come home too.

Our condolences to family and friends  :cdn:
Dave and Nancee Payne

My condolences to the families of MCpl Giesebrecht and Pte Miller.

A healer moves amidst the  carnage, seeking out the fallen.
  Sure and steady hands find a  pulse, probe to stop the life force flowing out.
  The touch: “You’re not  alone. I’ve found you. We’re here together, you and I.”
  Two soldiers finding healing  in the chaos.

My condolences to the Families & our Medical family. Rest In Peace Troops...you will not be forgotten...Militi Succurimus  :salute:  :cdn:  :salute:

RIP.  :yellow: :yellow:

As an aspiring medic myself, this hits even harder.  Condolences to the family, friends and comrades of the fallen. 

CF Statement:
Two Canadian soldiers were killed when the vehicle they were travelling in as part of a convoy struck an improvised explosive device. The incident occurred approximately 20 kilometres southwest of Kandahar City, in the Panjwa’i District at approximately 11:00 a.m. Kandahar time on 26 June 2010.

Killed in action was Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht from 1 Canadian Field Hospital, based in Petawawa, Ontario. She was serving in Afghanistan with the Task Force Kandahar Health Services Unit.

Killed in action was Private Andrew Miller from 2 Field Ambulance, based in Petawawa, Ontario. He was serving in Afghanistan with the Task Force Kandahar Health Services Unit.

Our thoughts are with the families and friends of our fallen soldiers during this difficult time. We will not forget the sacrifice of these soldiers as we continue to bring security and hope to the people of Kandahar Province.

Canada in partnership with Afghan National Security Forces, the Afghan government and ISAF remain committed to improving the security situation in order to set the conditions for reconstruction and development in the region. Together, Afghan National Security Forces and Joint Task Force Afghanistan continue to maintain the initiative in Kandahar Province.

Soldiers, both.  Noncombatants, both.  Killed deliberately by the enemy, when they were on a mission of mercy.  Stinks to high heaven that a stink isn't being raised to high heaven.

:salute: to them both, and :salute: to all those medics, past, present and future.  You're supposed to assist the casualties, not be the casualties.  I thank you for your sacrifice.

:cdn:

My most sincere condolences to the families and friends of our brave fallen. These are the people who keep us going, our medics are more than medics, they are the first line of help for our brothers and sisters in arms. This is a terrible loss for our nation, and our Forces. Ubique :yellow: :yellow: :cdn: :cdn:

I just don't know what to say anymore.
Rest easy friends.

I heard the news coming home tonight.  My heart is heavy.  Deepest condolences to the families, friends and comrades of you both.  :salute: :yellow:

Back