• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Maxpedition Rollypolly Attachment

acen

Inactive
Reaction score
To start off, the obvious need is there for infanteers to have a dump pouch, that being said, I purchased a Rollypolly. I am not the tallest in stature, and as a result the belt loop attachment is impossible for me with the TV. How have others attached it to the TV? I see the Slikclip is there on the pouch itself but i dont know whether i want to trust my mags and pouch to this small plastic clip. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Acen,

I have a Med Rolly Polly as well and have worn/attched it a few ways (some better that others.)

1. Slik Clip - Apparently these things have a break weight of 80 lbs; have yet to test that out. However, I found that attaching the Rolly Polly this way makes it more suspectible to swing around and become a PITA (see PhilB's review of the lobster trap, he explains in better detail.) A good spot for this method, is the weak side of the TV on the verticle daisy chain webbing behind your C9 / Canteen pouch.

2. Zap Straps / Paracord - The CF's failsafe for making broken things less broken, I have zapstrapped a rolly polly in various places with good success. UV treated ones are better for long term installation, the only PITA with this is if you work with uniform nazis and have don/doof un-issued goodies constantly.

3. Malice Clips on the bayonet webbing - I haven't tried this, but have seen others do this with the rolly polly and other pouches. works well if you like hanging stuff up front.

4. Attached to SmallPack Pocket used on TV - Scroll Down for Gumby's post here -->http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/53469.375.html

Other than that, use your imagination. Whatever works best for you, I hope you enjoy using your rolly polly.

Cheers,

Mickey

Acen,
I've had mine attached to the left side of my tac vest with the slikclip and have had no problems.  Just to give you an idea, the strength so far has held when the pouch had 12 paraflares and 2 half spent mags in it and I was at a full run multiple times.  I tried hanging it higher using a malice clip to stop the swinging a bit, but it doesn't make much of a difference.
For placement, I had it towards the rear at first on the left behind my utility/C9 pouch, but when doing a quick mag dump it was too far back, esp with kevlar on.  It works best on the left towards the front where a natural swing downwards with your arm will naturally put an empty mag in the pouch.  In the end, whats important is when doing instinctive shooting under stressful conditions you want your arm movement to it to be as fluid as possible so you can do it without looking.  Hope this helps.

Fletch

Thanks a lot guys, i guess I should put a bit of trust in that little plastic slikclip. Also, if you happen to break one for whatever reason, you can get another one at Mountain Equipment Co-Op for 50 cents. Cheers

Advance

fletchsd said:
It works best on the left towards the front where a natural swing downwards with your arm will naturally put an empty mag in the pouch.  In the end, whats important is when doing instinctive shooting under stressful conditions you want your arm movement to it to be as fluid as possible so you can do it without looking. 

The important thing is to practice. You can do it dry. Put on your gear. Leave the bolt out of the weapon, and practice mag changes from standing position. Move around and take up fire positions. That way you'll know your gear is good to try with real bullets.

Acen:

I've been using the medium sized rolypoly for a year now, including on all my workup training. You know the loops on the bottom of the Tac-Vest for the gas mask carrier, etc? I took the one on the left side of the vest, immediately left of the closure zipper. I was able to close theclip on the dump bag onto that small bit of webbing holding that plastic loop on. Some would argue that that places it very close to centre on my rig, but that works for me; I have my TCCC (medical) leg bag on my left leg, and I need the dump pouch to be clear of it.

I've found it to work brilliantly for me. Not just for mags, but for isntance when treating casualties, I need somewhere to stash my combat gloves when I put the medcial glvoes on. Likewise somewhere to drop my sharpie that I use for casualty cards, marking application times for tourniquets, and all that stuff. As a 'general-purpose' pouch, it works great for me.

I did cinch up the shock cord just a bit to lobster-trap the bag slightly. I've found it to hold things very well in general though.

Back