• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MARS to Civvie equivelencies?

x-grunt

Reaction score
Out of curiousity, I was looking through transport canada's site, checking out various qualifications like deck watchkeeping certificates, etc. I checked the list of "approved" educational institutions for these quals and nowhere do I see CF schools, with the exception of one engineers course. Coast Guard College is listed as approved, but no CF/MARS stuff.

Does anyone know of the possibility of getting credit for MARS training and sea time? Has anyone done this?

Again, just curious.

x-grunt said:
Out of curiousity, I was looking through transport canada's site, checking out various qualifications like deck watchkeeping certificates, etc. I checked the list of "approved" educational institutions for these quals and nowhere do I see CF schools, with the exception of one engineers course. Coast Guard College is listed as approved, but no CF/MARS stuff.

Does anyone know of the possibility of getting credit for MARS training and sea time? Has anyone done this?

Again, just curious.
There is a move afoot to give us MARS some more civie equilivants (sic). The Biggest thing needed to get your Mate's ticket is sea time. Something like 500 hrs is the min. So we all have more seatime (I've got 11 years). But you still have to write all the exams, but unlike Command Exams, you can actually check your test after its been marked.

Back