• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels (MCDVs)

For pirates, Tim Curry > Johnny Depp

And the best pirate ship? Well, of course it's....

Millennium-Falcon.jpg

At least they got a movie to close out some of the cliff hangers; I've had some tv shows that I've been enjoying that just get axed.

That's one thing I prefer about a lot of British tv series, they tend to have a story arc over a season; results in tighter story telling IMHO, but also that way you don't get a show canceled with it ending with someone dangling over a pit of crocodiles or something. You can still have open threads for the next season, but usually there is a more shakespearean flow of issue, resolution and final act.

At least they got a movie to close out some of the cliff hangers; I've had some tv shows that I've been enjoying that just get axed.

That's one thing I prefer about a lot of British tv series, they tend to have a story arc over a season; results in tighter story telling IMHO, but also that way you don't get a show canceled with it ending with someone dangling over a pit of crocodiles or something. You can still have open threads for the next season, but usually there is a more shakespearean flow of issue, resolution and final act.
Shit! Think about this....its been 17 years!

I will remember this movie because it was the first movie I went to see after the birth of my first kid. Wife had gone out for the night for the first time. And was thinking what to do....I when as a new dad I took my new daughter in the bucket to the movies by myself. Wow good times!

I am sure everyone here give a shit about my dumb memories! :)

Anyways it was a great movie! Loved that show. Very different in tone than most Scifi and most Hollywood fare. Especially today with its overall themes of individualism and anti-authoritism and centralization this is antitheses in Hollywood now.

So…I caused the de-railment upthread…how about them MCDVs? :D
I thought the Serenity was a build option for the MCDV replacement project.

Seems like we're really hard up for MCDV engineering divisional reps. They are asking CSEO's to be MCDV NTO's right now. Perhaps that's prep for the eventual AOPS NTO's instead of always having it be an MSE position.

In the window directly above the paragraph, click play to watch a video.
Ah, it isn't showing on my phone. My bad.

That's okay, I got the gyst of the article. On my phone it only shows the short paragraph that, to me, reads like an opening paragraph...then nothing after.

(Having the video show would have put that into context 🤦‍♂️

Back