• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mar Eng Mechanic

shep91

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, im interested in getting a trade in this field, few questions,
1. is this trade going to be able to transfer to civillain life once duty completed with navy, etc. right a millwright ticket or diesel mechanic?
2. Do you have to go to the two years of schooling before starting the trade, or is there a way of skippin the school and goin right into training?

I am going to see a recruiter soon to find out more , but any feed back is appreciated!
Thank you

shep91 said:
1. is this trade going to be able to transfer to civillain life once duty completed with navy, etc. right a millwright ticket or diesel mechanic?
2. Do you have to go to the two years of schooling before starting the trade, or is there a way of skippin the school and goin right into training?

I am going to see a recruiter soon to find out more , but any feed back is appreciated!
Thank you
Have a look here http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/102579.0.html but in answer to your specifics, number 1-Yes, you can write (that's write not right) a millwright ticket (and others). Number 2, you are referring specifically to the METTP entry plan. After Basic, and whatever Seamanship is called now and then QL 3, you report on board. The timeline varies but someone on here can probably tell you what that is. Be patient, read the link I suggested and if you still have questions, bring `em on. Welcome to the trade!

shep91 said:

Thank you
Oh, and this one too.
http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/90918.0.html

Back