• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MAPS system - online materials

Maxadia

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have any online links to documentation that might be useful to learning the MAPS system?  Thanks.

This thread might be better off in the Mil Admin area. http://upkprod.desc.mil.ca/maps/eng/toc.html
Unless you're talking about a different MAPS.

Since he's in this section. He's probably looking for something on the Manual Artillery Plotting System. I'd ask at your unit to borrow a MAPS Precis, and maybe Duties at the Regtimental Headquarters.

fiveOsix said:
Since he's in this section. He's probably looking for something on the Manual Artillery Plotting System. I'd ask at your unit to borrow a MAPS Precis, and maybe Duties at the Regtimental Headquarters.

Spot on - Manual Artillery Plotting System.

I have the Bible, but what is a MAPS Precis?

Maps Precis is the primary training pam for MAPS.  It goes over how to conduct all the different fire missions using MAPS step by step. If you want to learn MAPS that is the pam you want. Depending on if you just want to just do advanced reading before a cp tech course, or if you want to follow along on some of the example missions in the maps precis you would also need the tft's for the weapon system you want to train for(c3,81mm, m777, etc). 

fiveOsix said:
Maps Precis is the primary training pam for MAPS.  It goes over how to conduct all the different fire missions using MAPS step by step. If you want to learn MAPS that is the pam you want. Depending on if you just want to just do advanced reading before a cp tech course, or if you want to follow along on some of the example missions in the maps precis you would also need the tft's for the weapon system you want to train for(c3,81mm, m777, etc).

Excellent, sounds exactly what I am looking for.  Trying to get some studying accomplished before DP 1.1 this summer.

Thanks.

Back