• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccinations for the Federal Public Service and RCMP

Do you support mandatory COVID-19 vaccines for federal public servants and RCMP?

• Yes

Votes: 55 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to say I would preferred being ordered to get the vaccine than the way they are handling it. It would be more honest.
That does seem like the more honest approach.

This promising in MonitorMass seems like the DLN approach to leadership.

I have to say I would preferred being ordered to get the vaccine than the way they are handling it. It would be more honest.

The military gave me my vaccines so why do I have to attest to my status? Because the CoC is not allowed to know the specifics of my medical status. Then they threaten all sort of career implications and administrative measures for those who don't comply while telling you that you are supposed to take this as pressure from your CoC. What the hell do they think threatening someone's ability to earn a living is if not pressure?

This is just more talking out of both sides of their mouth again. Take a fucking stand rather than trying to have your cake and eat it too. If you can enforce vaccinations as an employment condition, line everyone up and let them choose jab or employment. Just be honest, it would be a welcome change.

I would respectfully disagree - I think this process is keeping us honest where this is coming from. It's clear this is being driven by the PM's direction to the civil service, not something from the CAF leadership. If it were being driven by the CAF, it would be as per usual requirements: it would be added to the standard vaccines everyone needs (6643-12 Core Health Protection Recommendations, like measles, tetanus, etc.), which are assessed for in the APRV. People would then be "red", "yellow" or "green" accordingly. FEs would retain ability to choose to employ/deploy these individuals as usual (e.g. after clarifying with Medical what the risk actually is - still respecting privacy but doing a risk assessment). Because the COVID vaccine would be lumped in with all the others, it would not be possible for the CoC to know your COVID vaccine status specifically from the APRV.

As I mentioned above, separate from the force health protection rationale for vaccination, there is now a freedom of movement reason for the CoC to know vaccination status specifically - similar to how Yellow Fever vaccine is a separate "mission essential" vaccine and separate item on the DAG. The PM's civil service requirement kind of pre-empted/accelerated the need for that. But again, if it were being driven by the CAF, we would not have defined "attestation green" criteria that don't actually mean you are necessarily green to travel: that issue with past infection + partial series being OK for Quebec residents to be "attestation green", but not actually being green to travel across borders, for example. The fact that this special case was included makes it clear that we are simply matching the PM's civil service directive.

Last edited:
On class A side, while we are being told further direction to come, like we are told it will be if unvaccinated you won't be allowed to parade. Now if you don't show up after a month you technically go NSE and the unit can release you. Think you can all see where this is going, and I approve

Once the dust settles I wonder how undermanned all these organizations will become. The CAF was shrinking in 2020 prior to the vaccine mandates and this will only make things worse. Soon we won’t be able to respond to domestic or international threats, not that we can now.

Once the dust settles I wonder how undermanned all these organizations will become. The CAF was shrinking in 2020 prior to the vaccine mandates and this will only make things worse. Soon we won’t be able to respond to domestic or international threats, not that we can now.
Majority of the CAF is already vaccinated, any that this effects will be the minority not the majority

Majority of the CAF is already vaccinated, any that this effects will be the minority not the majority

You are not wrong but we are at like 77% TES already. Even a small amount hurts.

As I said earlier, it isn't about the vaccine for a lot of people. I have heard a lot of fully vaccinated people get pissed at this. I understand that our leadership is hampered by the political leadership but they have been talking out of both sides of their mouth since the beginning of this pandemic. This has eroded what little trust the rank and file have with senior leadership even more. That will be the biggest factor in people releasing.

Over 90% of the CAF fully vaccinated:

I understand that if I finally get in that CAF will vaccine me and I have no issue with it but I simply don't think the vaccine will solve anything.
Luckily turns out that I am immune to covid or at least I am one of those that were completely asymptomatic not even the sniffles but then again I do not have any comorbidity as the majority of the hospitalized individuals do.
I just got an email as an applicant asking if I was vaccinated. I got sent a paper I had to sign and list the dates of my first and second dose. you can fill it out and say your partially vaccinated, say your seeking exemption for a medical or religious reasons. unvaccinated because you dont want to comply or share vaccination status. I never seen the option "waiting for you guys to do it" on the paper. I would suggest you just get it before they ask you to.

I just got an email as an applicant asking if I was vaccinated. I got sent a paper I had to sign and list the dates of my first and second dose. you can fill it out and say your partially vaccinated, say your seeking exemption for a medical or religious reasons. unvaccinated because you dont want to comply or share vaccination status. I never seen the option "waiting for you guys to do it" on the paper. I would suggest you just get it before they ask you to.
I read the warnings of the vaccine not to take it with in 21-28 days of being exposed to covid. It also specifically stated to not take it with in 14 days of enrollment. No offence but I will do what was conveyed to me in the communications I have received from the CFRC rather then take advice from the internet.

I will wait until I am in this case. I will simply let the CAF take on the responsibility and thus liability. At least I will have access to a doctor which I cannot do so now. I feel more confident that there will be medical supervision in the CAF then I could get as a civilian, because I always get a reaction to shots, I always get sick with fever.

your already got selected? if that's the case that's cool. I was just saying that from this point on you need to be vaccinated or on your way to be in order to get an offer from what I gathered from the email. Probably to weed out all the unruly people that do not like to conform to rules and make life difficult for the CAF. I guess a few might have slipped through the cracks though.

Back