• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mandatory Civic Address

Jimmy2Skidoo

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,

I have a newly posted in member who wants to live out of a mobile home? don't ask me why. They plan to move it around to parks... I don't even know what they will do come winter, Walmart?. Any way I searched for some policy on the matter and could only find stuff related to PMQ's.

The main risk I see involved with this is, if we need to go find them we don't have clue where to start. My CO is hard on her having to have a civic address, I just want to be able to clearly win the fight when the member shows up!

Thoughts...

Suggest they get a P.O. box and (this would be onerous) update their location each time they move.  I have to ask though, what do they plan to do in the winter?  Are there year-round parks in their posting area?

Also, I'll assume you have their cell phone number.  If not, insist on it.

The member is co-operative and has provided a cell#, I imagine if I asked for a fixed address it would have to be a PO Box. Lastly the climate here is not hospitable for winter so the parks close come October(ish).

The things we deal with on a daily basis some times keeps me laughing!

For discussion of No Fixed Address ( NFA ) see also,

RCPalmer said:
Would it be acceptable for a CAF member to have no off-duty contact info at all (e.g. no mobile or home phone, and no fixed address because the member plans to couch surf and keep their kit in their locker in the unit lines)? 

I wonder how that could affect a security clearance application.

Jimmy2Skidoo said:
Lastly the climate here is not hospitable for winter so the parks close come October(ish).

That may be an issue they haven't thought about.  They may not find it easy to get accommodations for only a few months unless it's a sublet.

Jimmy2Skidoo said:
The member is co-operative and has provided a cell#, I imagine if I asked for a fixed address it would have to be a PO Box. Lastly the climate here is not hospitable for winter so the parks close come October(ish).

The things we deal with on a daily basis some times keeps me laughing!

While it may not be a CF regulation, depending on the province, individuals are required to have (and provide) a physical address in order to get a drivers license and some other government services.  They can have a PO Box as a mailing address but they must also provide the physical location where authorities (e.g., police) can find them if necessary.

Years ago, a friend of mine told the story of one of his soldiers when he was a platoon commander.  He was called into the CO's office one day and questioned about this soldier's home address.  The soldier had provided an address where he would be living when permission was given to move out of the shack (yes, it was a long time ago).  Everything seemed to be going okay with this soldier until they received a complaint from the owner of a local Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet (you can guess which regiment he was in).  The soldier had set up a hootchie behind the restaurant and that was where he was living.

Blackadder1916 said:
While it may not be a CF regulation, depending on the province, individuals are required to have (and provide) a physical address in order to get a drivers license and some other government services.  They can have a PO Box as a mailing address but they must also provide the physical location where authorities (e.g., police) can find them if necessary.

Assuming a member with no fixed address has a storage locker, I wonder if s/he could get away with that?

Maybe throw a mattress in to make it look homey.

Remember a guy lived in a shed on a TV show.

Attachments

• storage1.png
    storage1.png
    754.7 KB · Views: 108
I actually have a P.O. box but the address used is a street address.  No problem with the driver's licence.  :dunno:

Almost every park or trailer campsite has a civic address and quite a few of the commercial ones provide a mail drop service for their "tenants". I spent many years snowbirding in Florida and always had my mail forwarded down south. In small towns (unless they are on a rural route) many people use post office boxes. It strikes me the "civic address" issue is more of a red herring than a real show stopper.

On the other hand; that winter thing ...

:cheers:

Back