• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major problems with the online application!

Update: I was just able to log in from my phone, so I'm assuming everything is up and running again. Good luck!

I would NOT rely on the GC Key to check on your application status. Based on my and many other people's experience: it is a useless entity that rarely changes and will likely lead you to more senseless worrying than accurate information. Who knows they may have fixed it but I can tell you I will not be making that bet.

Anyway good luck with your application :)

Is access to a computer the issue? I'm sure if that's a legit issue you could likely apply at CFRC, however on a computer.

From the forces website.

STEP ONE: START YOUR APPLICATION
The first step in the application process is to complete the online profile. This profile is an online version of an application form.

*** If you are interested in joining the Reserves, your first step is to contact one of your local Reserve units to find out which positions are available. They will work with you to identify a job, fill in all the required application forms, and advise you through the process.

You have to create an GC Key account with the Government of Canada.

Several government departments use the GC Key to provide secure online services that require the protection of sensitive and personal information. If you have used the online application through Service Canada to access employment insurance benefits, for example, you may already have on GC Key.

With the GCKey you can start filling in the Forces online application form, which will take about 30 minutes.

If at anytime you have questions or concerns about your online application you can contact your local recruiting centre.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

Cheers

runormal said:
Is access to a computer the issue?

If it is, the local library may have one ( or more ) available.

Hello, when I was applying they had said this in the email:

"If the issues persist or the website is disabled please move on to Step 2.

If you have already applied online please continue to Step 2."

Step two was the full application package.

I believe the best course of action is to call or email a recruiter and ask them your next step of action.

Viam said:
Hello, when I was applying they had said this in the email:

"If the issues persist or the website is disabled please move on to Step 2.

If you have already applied online please continue to Step 2."

Step two was the full application package.

I believe the best course of action is to call or email a recruiter and ask them your next step of action.

Oh now it makes sense,

I was so confused why you had asked the question.

This thread my help.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/120752.0.html

I believe that the recruiting portion of the site is currently experiencing technical difficulties.

No one actually answered the question for the OP - everyone just assumed there was a "computer" issue. I too am curious - when I applied at the recruiting center, it was paper and ink. Long time ago, when you could actually look at the person who is talking to you.

Is there no other way to "sign up" - apply to the CAF other than online?

BinRat55 said:

Recruiting online vs In person 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/117846.0

And there you have it - clearly the answer is no more going to the recruiting center and filling out paperwork!

Things sure have come a long way since I found that damn gold piece at the bottom of my mug...

BinRat55 said:
And there you have it - clearly the answer is no more going to the recruiting center and filling out paperwork!

Things sure have come a long way since I found that damn gold piece at the bottom of my mug...

Looking back at the OP and their posting history, they are looking at joining the PRes, so there is another factor involved.  They would have to go through the whole process of finding a PRes unit that will accept them before they attempt to start the online application process.

BinRat55 said:
No one actually answered the question for the OP - everyone just assumed there was a "computer" issue. I too am curious - when I applied at the recruiting center, it was paper and ink. Long time ago, when you could actually look at the person who is talking to you.

I was just at the recruiting centre the other day talking to the recruiters.

Yes, it's all done on-line now.

However, they have computers there (at least at the one I was at) so that people can fill out the application. If they need assistance, the recruiters are right there.

So no pen and ink, but you can still 'sort of' apply in person...

:goodpost:

You can fill out a paper application but once you arrive at your local CFRC and as mentioned above, they will direct you to one of their computers in the waiting area which are available for you to complete the application online.

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but anyway. I was happily filling in my online application, and had just finished, when I decided to double check everything. I noticed that the reserve unit I had selected was not selected anymore. when I tried to re-select the unit (11th rca by the way) the selection box will only show three units which I'm not interested in, before it had countless units. I'm wondering if this is a website error, or if its something that I screwed up. any help is appreciated

thanks in advance   

Not all units offer all occupations.  Depending on the occupations you selected, certain units may not be available.

Avery Irving-Kerr said:
Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but anyway. I was happily filling in my online application, and had just finished, when I decided to double check everything. I noticed that the reserve unit I had selected was not selected anymore. when I tried to re-select the unit (11th rca by the way) the selection box will only show three units which I'm not interested in, before it had countless units. I'm wondering if this is a website error, or if its something that I screwed up. any help is appreciated

thanks in advance   

Also depends on your location. For me, (And I just did the application last week), the only unit available to me for selection was the one closest to me by address. However, my actual unit, where I ended up applying to and where everything will happen for me is different. The website is screwy at best. When I submitted the application it also told me that the submission 'failed'. However, it did get submitted because the unit received it. Go figure! :|

Back