• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major Bertram Ells. Royal Canadian Artillery

OldTanker

Subscriber
Reaction score
I work in the Regimental Museum of the Canadian Scottish Regiment. At some point an Indian kukri was donated to the museum. This kukri was apparently presented to a Major Bertram Ells, RCA, in Kashmir in 1958 or 1959 and in turn his relatives donated it to our museum. We are trying to put together some of the story behind this kukri and Maj Ells. If there is anyone on this site that knows of him, or how we can gather some information on his background, please advise or PM me. A Google search was uneventful. Thanks. Bob

Have you tried the collections of canada website? Perhaps you could search online there or, phone them during the hours they are open.  I believe reference librarians are there M-F.  All I was able to find was this but, this is probably what you already know. http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/medals/001099-119.01-e.php?&person_id_nbr=56659&interval=20&&PHPSESSID=nal1n1cv96td9vi58rckg4v4o1  For whatever reason, the collections results don't really come up in google. I know this only because I have been looking for my family history information for the past few years. It gets frustrating  :nod:

I think that the collections of canada will be your best bet!  Perhaps ponder these search results. http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/lac-bac/results/all-tout.php?FormName=Fed+Simple+Search&SourceQuery=&ResultCount=5&PageNum=1&MaxDocs=-1&SortSpec=score+desc&Language=eng&SearchIn_1=&Operator_1=AND&SearchIn_2=&SearchInText_2=&Operator_2=AND&SearchIn_3=&SearchInText_3=&Sources_1=amicus&Sources_2=mikan&Sources_3=genapp&Sources_4=web&soundex=on&cainInd=&SearchInText_1=kukri  The last result involves a certain "Mike Harris" receiving a kukri from India.

Good luck on your search!!!

Good luck!! if I find anything else..I will let you know!

Back