• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M109 history

TSM A

Inactive
Reaction score
can anyone help me finding the history of a M109.
CFR is **-77236.
Thanks for any info.

Wish I knew them by CFR... Be interesting to find out what ever became of my 15C from 1RCHA Germany.

Your best bet would be to go through your maintainers.  They might now how to ask the 202 worksop.  All 109s went through the 202 workshop in Montreal and were disseminated from there.  Some were sold, some will be museum pieces, and the rest probably scrap metal.

202 were likely the last CF personnel to have processed them and I am sure some sort of paperwork exists.

Were none of them put in war stores? 

jeffb said:
Were none of them put in war stores?

Nope, there was a couple though that were waiting to be scrapped when I was in Gagetown a couple years back, I remember seeing them parked down by the 4ESR lines.

The only place I've seen them lately is the RCA Museum.

I saw a clip a while back on some being broken up for scrap. It was really painful to watch, even more so as in 1968 as a young captain right off the IG course I ran the team that drew the school's M109s as they arrived from the factory, brought them into service, trained ourselves and after three weeks started training all ranks on the SPs.

Lerch said:
Nope, there was a couple though that were waiting to be scrapped when I was in Gagetown a couple years back, I remember seeing them parked down by the 4ESR lines.

The only place I've seen them lately is the RCA Museum.
the War Museum in Ottawa had one.

Look to the monument area of a base near you.

85-77249 is in the National War Museum in Ottawa.

There is one on the monument pad outside the Offr's mess/JPSU area in Edmonton, Another on the monument pad outside the main gate to the home station in Shilo,  Two are out in a compound down toward the 4 ESR lines (saw them last night driving around) The War Museum as previously mentioned. And no doubt others (Shilo has 2 on the books not sure where the second one is although when I did phase 3 they were both parked inside 1 RCHA's lines)

Not_So_Arty_Newbie said:
There is one on the monument pad outside the Offr's mess/JPSU area in Edmonton, Another on the monument pad outside the main gate to the home station in Shilo,  Two are out in a compound down toward the 4 ESR lines (saw them last night driving around) The War Museum as previously mentioned. And no doubt others (Shilo has 2 on the books not sure where the second one is although when I did phase 3 they were both parked inside 1 RCHA's lines)
2 summers ago one was in the RCA Museam

As of now, there's one at the Shilo gate, the RCA Museum, and the workshop near base headquarters.

Back