• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M-203A1

Ordnancebob

Inactive
Reaction score
Previously we used American made M-203‘s but our current one is the M-203A1 which is indeed Diemaco made.
Made too fit all C-7 without modification.Replaces lower handguard.
As for the rounds are ammo is more like the German ammo than the American ammo. We have fuses of the euopean ammo so we don‘t have to worry about blinds.
And yes as a current weapon tech I‘m trained on this weapon on the technical level. Have not tried firing it yet though.

Are they letting reservists play with it? If so, I can‘t wait to try it out.

Seems like such sensible kit. But I suppose, like everything shiny and new, ammunition must be hard to come by and a pain to hump around.

The original M-203 issued to the Infantry Units were actually M-203/PI and were manufactured in Norway.They were bought up as a stop gap measure for overseas deployments.

Yes, the Reserve level will get to "play" with them. Some were just received here in town, but they are probably going to the Infantry guys. But who knows how long they will stay in stores before ammo. becomes available. :confused:

The Infantry should get the weapon because it‘s primarily an Infantry weapon. There is no reason that cannot be designated M203 gunners and draw the M203 when they draw their weapon. You don‘t require ammo to carry the thing around. What‘s the point of having them collecting dust in the lockup when the troops could be out getting used to carrying it around. Realisticly, there should be two in each section. Other trades should get a famil on the weapon, however they will probably never carry one.

I know the Canadian Grenadier Guards have some of their 203‘s already and we‘re getting more. The word is that we should have adequate numbers in order to use the weapon effectively. How many is that? I don‘t know, but I have seen a few already and that‘s good news! The shooting should start next fall with a series of short (1 day or 1 weekend) courses for those designated as grenadiers.

It is the Infantry and Engineers who will be getting the M-203. The Infantry will get it because it is an Infantry weapon, and the Engineers will get it because our secondary role is Infantry. Those are also the only units mandated to do qualification Trg as the weapons are phased in over the next year (at the very least this is true w/in 31 Bde).

The weapon is already part of the Engineer QL3 (the CTP stipulates that instruction was with the weapon was to begin soon as CFSME recieved its alottment). I would hope that the Infantry see the M-203 in thier QL3 too.

Back in 95 doing work up‘s for Yugo they gave us engineer‘s the 203 and with in 2 week‘s an order came down" RECALL" they found out after many fireing‘s the breach‘s were cracking ! DOH
So let‘s hope they have it right this stime !

Back