• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M-113 C & R (Lynx) in 1/35 scale

GINge!

Reaction score
This is the HF resin kit with Diehl tracks. It was not the greatest kit considering the expense, but if you want a Lynx, it's the only game in town. I added a .50 and .30 cal mount, and the roof rack, which I am told was left on during the summer. The c/s is a from a Lynx that friend of mine crewed while he was in The RCR Recce Pl, back in the Germany days. I kind of miss our old 3-colour cam of black, khaki, and OD; it was an easy way to spot a Canadian vehicle. Pretty soon, our kit will probably start coming from the factory painted in desert tan.

MOD014-187.jpg

MOD014-189.jpg

MOD014-195.jpg

MOD014-196.jpg

The paint job looks well done.

What kit is the Lynx from?

Thanks guys, the kit is from a company called "Hobbyfan" out of Taiwan. They can be a little hard to find in Canada, I think I got this one from evilbay.

GINge! said:
Thanks guys, the kit is from a company called "Hobbyfan" out of Taiwan. They can be a little hard to find in Canada, I think I got this one from evilbay.

Very nice job! The Hobbyfan M113 C&R is available from Trackjam Models in Etobicoke for $150 + GST + PST + S & H. Diehl track set is $40 plus taxes, S & H.

http://www.trackjam.com/orderform.htm

eBay can be amazing at time. I pick up a lot of my extra detail parts from there. Just keep your eyes peel on there. There are some good deals on there. A lot in the 1:35 armour side lately.

Regards,
Schultz

I got the today and tomorrow off, so I'm still bashing away at the U-Boat..

Just a point on your CFR.  It shouldn't be "78-".   It should be "67-"   The Lynx was built in 1967.

I also think the Back Deck is wrong.  Both Engine and Radiator Grills should be the same size and not offset.

Other than that, a very nice job.

There used to be a guy in 12 RBC who did the Lynx models from scratch as a special presentation to folks.

HI George - thanks for that info on the registration number. I just pulled that off a markings sheet without considering what the pre-fix meant, d'oh!

As for the deck grilles, I think they are slightly different sizes and off-set just a bit: 
008.JPG

For anyone who wants to deal with Trackjam, their owner is a serving CF member and great to deal with. BTW, the Lynx kit comes with the Diehl tracks - no need to buy the seperately.

Not to interfer, because I think the model looks very very decent, but for the sake of realism I think a stolen mountain bike painted green should be tied down on the back deck.  J/k, it looks damned good

Charon, its funny you say that, as the RCR Recce Pl chap said the same thing! Now, to find a 35th scale MTB...

GINge! said:
HI George - thanks for that info on the registration number. I just pulled that off a markings sheet without considering what the pre-fix meant, d'oh!

As for the deck grilles, I think they are slightly different sizes and off-set just a bit: 
008.JPG

For anyone who wants to deal with Trackjam, their owner is a serving CF member and great to deal with. BTW, the Lynx kit comes with the Diehl tracks - no need to buy the seperately.

I think you are right. Gary Barling's web site photos of the one in front of the SD&G armoury in Cornwall support the offset grilles.

http://www.armouredacorn.com/Reference/VStudies/Lynx/M113CR.htm

Barry Beldam's drawings of the M113 C&R show it better.

http://www.armouredacorn.com/Reference/ArmourColours/M113%20C&R%20Lynx-Ca.pdf

Back