• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M-109's

rampage800

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone here anyhting about the 109's(in limited #'s) making a comeback ? I'm hearing rumblings that it may be soon, very soon as a matter of fact and just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this ? If not well than you heard it hear first ;D

Rumblings without Sources, will make your statements quite questionable.  I am sure that many will start asking for 'Sources' in the next few minutes, even if it is as to where these 'rumblings' are taking place.

Look!  Rampage800 is already off line.....not even around for four minutes after a post....... ::)    Got to love "Post 'N Runs"!

I noticed a pic of Dutch PzH 2000 howitzers loaded on a C-17 for transport to Afghanistan.

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articles/military_photos_200697231223.asp

Nice pic of a 155mm howitzer in action.

ai052005e1.jpg

All in all..... with an M777 and a Chinook taxi, our need for the M109 in Kandahar is somewhat less pressing.

IMHO

I dont think the 109's will come back but then again the Leopard's are coming back...  I know that they are putting a 109 at the front gate of Shilo.  A second one is for spare parts for the on in the Shilo museum (25B)  ....and no, it isnt a Germany gun from C Bty as people think.  It is an old referb 3 RCHA gun, H Bty then became C Bty.  68 series.  But I would love to see the 109 come back.  ;D

in the name that photo thread, they've ID' this vehicle as a M109 that was made up to represent a ZSU for OPFOR games

The Isrealis seem to still getting plenty of mileage (bangs) out of theirs, and they appear to be the same
model as ours
                                        Regards

Back