• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lt. Turner, Cpl. Dinning, Bdr. Mansell, and Cpl. Payne Killed- April/ 21/ 2006

I did my basic with Bdr Mansell. He was a good man and always kept us in good spirits, whether we were scrubbing floors or doing push-ups. May you rest in peace, Mansell.  :salute:

I had the pleasure of serving with Bill Turner while he was a member of 20th Field Artillery Regiment.  Bill was a good spirited, honest, and charismatic officer.  My deepest condolences go out to the Turner family and the families of Bdr Mansell, Cpl Payne, and Cpl Dinning.  RIP.

Sincerely,

D.A. Paquette
Maj
BC 61 Fd Bty

Bless those men, and their familes and friends.

I'll light a candle, so their spirits will not be in the dark.

I'll put out water, that they not go thirsty.

I'll put out food, that they not go hungry.

I'll put out a weapon, that they not go unarmed.

My most heartfelt condolences to the people who loved these men.

It was with great sadness that I heard of these losses.  My sincere condolences to the families and friends of these latest casualties of yet another war.  Best of luck to those left to carry on.  Stay strong soldiers!

Here downunder, just got the news from an email. Not good news, and I accept this with a heavy heart, as we all know and understand that the loss of just one, is one too many.

Sadly, news such as this the reality of war.

One day this war will end, and the lads will all come home, but that won't be for a while.

I have friends there right now, and although our thoughts are with the families and friends of these  :cdn: 4 men :cdn:, our thoughts too should be with their fellow members in their unit, as they share a special bond only soldiers know, and I am sure they feel the loss, and are gutted right to the bone. 

Wes

My sincerest condolence go out to these Soldier's families, friends, and to the Candian Forces as a whole who have suffered a tragic loss, especially to those of you who had the honour of knowing them.

Lest We Forget

:salute: :cdn:

my condolences to all the families and friends of these 4 Canadian soldiers.  Stand easy, friends.  :cdn:

Ubique

Wesley H. Allen said:
Here downunder, just got the news from an email. Not good news, and I accept this with a heavy heart, as we all know and understand that the loss of just one, is one too many.

Sadly, news such as this the reality of war.

One day this war will end, and the lads will all come home, but that won't be for a while.

I have friends there right now, and although our thoughts are with the families and friends of these  :cdn: 4 men :cdn:, our thoughts too should be with their fellow members in their unit, as they share a special bond only soldiers know, and I am sure they feel the loss, and are gutted right to the bone. 

Wes

Very eloquently put, Wes. Thank you.

Mine and my families condolences to the families and loved ones of the four fallen brothers.
Fair winds and following seas
:cdn: :salut
Marc Feetham
CFLRS

This one hits closer to home, because I too knew Bdr Mansell, and I know the great loss 5 Tribe has suffered.

Too all the families, from my self, my family and my Regiment, our most heartfelt condolences.

Good Shooting, End of Mission, Stand Easy

RIP boys.

Condolences to families and to the Units - especially 5 Fd - being a Victoria dude myself and having supported that unit alot in my younger days.

:salute:

MM

RIP Soldiers.

The families and friends will be in my prayers.

Maggie

Bdr Myles Mansell was my friend. One of those cheerful guys with a positive outlook. I always enjoyed jousting with him whenever we would have a chance to trade insults. I've spent a good part of the last day or so in quiet reflection of some of the conversations we have had. I'll miss them as we always seemed to have good chats. I can tell you all that he was enjoying himself and making the best of this tour although he missed his family and his Regiment.

To his family, friends and all the Gunners in 5 Tribe, I offer you my most sincere condolences. I am honoured to be with 8 other soldiers, friends of Myles here in camp, who will tomorrow help carry him so he can begin his long journey back home where he belongs...With his family. You will be in my thoughts. To the families and friends of the other soldiers. I offer you as well, my most sincere condolences. May your loved ones rest in peace.

Myles, Rest Easy friend. I will remember you. :cdn: :salute:

T.M. Sandulak
MCpl
Royal Westminster Regiment
Task Force Afghanistan

I am sure everyone in the forces knows four soldiers were just killed in Afghanistan.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060416/afghanistan_soldier_060422?hub=TopStories&s_name=&no_ads=

One of them was my friend.
I can say that Bdr Myles Mansell will be missed by his friends, family and everyone he has served with.

We have missed you since you left and it hurts to know you are not coming back.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the family's and friends who knew these brave men.  May there souls rest in peace.

:salute: Cpl. Matthew Dinning, from Richmond Hill, Ont.
:salute: Lt. William Turner, from Toronto, Ont.
:salute: Bdr. Myles Mansell, from Victoria, B.C.
:salute: Cpl. Randy Payne, from Wainwright.

Dearest Families.
How you must hurt, No one can ever know.
I too, have lost, Lost so very much of my youth and the people who shared it.
Including my first born, My son,
Yes, I too,belong to the special few who have given of themselves, their family, their legacy, to the call of doing what is right.
My son fell with the British Special forces, His heart stopped, When he needed it the most. While Doing Right. I don’t know where or even entirely how he passed,I only know has  you know , they were doing what was right.
I would share some words of Warmth to comfort you and maybe ease your terrible pain.

There are times when all you can see is the darkness, but ahead is a small glimmer, and that glimmer is happiness. The happiness that you lost.
And to carry you there is hope. The hope that one day your life will once again feel that happiness. Even though it seems this pain will never go away. And there will never be a better day. Knowing in your heart that some day, things will be better, that can give you that hope and ease that terrible pain.
My son,My brothers in arms, I thought Lost, I have found them, I have found them here, In the pages these young men and women write to one another,
In their faces I see the loved ones I have lost,If you look, perhaps you to, can find your loved ones there .I am almost certain, that they are there.

My most heartfelt condolences
                      My deepest Honor and respect for your sacrifice

A.C.(parkie)
                                1st Canadian Infantry Division
                                    2nd Infantry Brigade
                        Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry

My sincerest condolences to the families of all that have passed, especially to Myles, whom did his basic and training with my younger sister.
This is a very sad day.  :'(

There is a gathering at the Bay St Armouries tonight to honour Myles.

:salute:

Back