• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lt. Turner, Cpl. Dinning, Bdr. Mansell, and Cpl. Payne Killed- April/ 21/ 2006

MBdr Mansell was a member of this site....

http://forums.army.ca/forums/members/2418

He answered some of my questions in the recruiting center a few years ago, but i regret not properly meeting him.

To those left behind, I offer thoughts and prayers.

To the fallen, stand easy soldiers, you've given your all  :salute:

Cpl. Matthew Dinning, Lt. William Turner, Bdr. Myles Mansell, Cpl. Randy Payne...Stand....Easy.

:salute: RIP Troops  :salute:

To the family, friends, and brothers in arms of our fallen...my condolences and prayers.

To all friends family and regimental family of Bombardier Myles Mansell on behalf of the 12 Military Police Platoon i would like to the this opportunity to express our condolances in the loss of a friend co worker and mentor. Myles was a good friend of mine who i had the opportunity to train with on many occasions. he was what i would consider a real friend. he was very approachable by all and was always able to keep his sense of humour even at the worst of times. Now he has made the ultimate sacrifice. I ill always remember him and keep him in my thoughts.

Securitas

:salute: :cdn: :salute:

Lt Turner was a good friend of mine! He was a good friend of Capt Greene and he sat down with me after the axe incident and helped me out alot with my emotions after that event. I just got home on leave when i heard the news. I am very sadden by this event. He was a very good and kind man , who worked hard to help these people just like Capt Greene. RIP Comrade. I will see you again someday but not today. :salute:

Our heart goes  out to our soldiers family's and friends on there lost
of there love ones. :cdn: :salute:

Final Roll Call

We thought of you with love today
But that is nothing new.

We thought about you yesterday
And days before that too.

We think of you in silence
We often speak your name.

Now all we have are memories
And your picture in a frame.

Your memory is our keepsake
With which we'll never part

God has you in His keeping
We have you in our Heart.

Author Unknown 

InfantryWannabee said:
And when they get to Heaven's gates, Saint Peter they will tell
Four more soldiers reporting sir.

Mods, I believe the above post should be removed before friends and/or family members of those killed take serious offence to it.

However its your call.

Thanks,

Wes

EDIT: the above post has now obviously been tailored for better taste, thanks. Mods, please delete mine and other posts regarding this edit topic.

Thanks again,

Wes

Wesley H. Allen said:
Mods, I believe the above post should be removed before friends and/or family members of those killed take serious offence to it.

However its your call.

Thanks,

Wes

To me it was very poignant and hallowed post

dileas

tess

Sorry if that offended anyone. It's just that I've heard that poem a lot, and everytime it still gives me goosebumps, so I just thought it was a good way to honour the fallen... I don't understand why the last sentence, specifically, was edited out, however.

Thanks for the edit, much better.

WRT that last phrase which was edited, I have even seen it on t-shirts, so I just thought it was better left out.

Topic closed.

Cold beers,

Wes

Bdr.Mansell was an istructor on my bmq and sq courses.  Although he gave us cock like any good staff he always made us laugh.  I dont know what else to say.  He was a great man and he will be missed

RIP BDR MANSELL

As I am not home I am using my sons PC. Thanks for all the condolances to the fallen soldiers, especially my son Randy. He was a great man  and loved what he was doing. Don't most of them? I will get back to you all when the family is finished our time. Fellows that are there or going there bulk up the SISIP. Thanks again and God bless and keep you all safe.

David Payne

Dear Mr. Payne
Please know our hearts are with your whole family right now. And my son sends condolances to you and yours.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/04/29/soldiers-afghanistan060429.html

Huge turnout for Cpl Dinning's funeral. Big show of respect from his community.

Can anyone give me information about Dinning, it turns out he grew up in my hometown of Alliston for 8 years and I'd appreciate if anyone could find out the school he went to.  I'm 2 years younger than this poor fellow who lost his life and I'd like to know if in fact I went to school with him at some point in his life.

Small world when I herd he had spent time their as a child.

RIP  :salute: :'(

Back