• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for: Used GSM (Rogers) cellphone for my daughter when I deploy.

Bzzliteyr

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals.  Take a look around the house, I need a favour.

I am heading to the Ghan in the near future but I am leaving my Rogers wireless "couples" plan (free wireless minutes between the two phones) for my daughter.  The catch is that I am not leaving her my MP3/Vidcam/digicam fully unlocked high speed, non sparking cellphone.

What I hope to acheive by posting here is that someone will have an older(last year or two) GSM (the ones with the little white SIM card in the back) cellphone kicking around the house that they are willing to part with for a minimal fee or are willing to give me so that my daughter can have my number and keep my account alive while I am gone.

It would be preferable if this were a Rogers phone as it will create less hassle I believe.

Thanks for your time.
Bzz

PM me your particulars.  I have a fairly decent Rogers motorola she can have. 

Edited to add:  I can't find the charger for it so you would have to buy a new one.  If anyone else has a phone with a charger, it might be cheaper for you.  That being said, if you want it, it's yours.

Well, by fluke, after I posted this last night I went in to the chat room and announced my needs.  Proudnurse has come through for me.  She recently upgraded her cellphone and had the old on just sitting in her glovebox!!

I knew I could count on Army.ca members to help out!

Bzzliteyr said:
She recently upgraded her cellphone and had the old on just sitting in her glovebox!

True! Quite interesting enough, the same night you had posted your request looking to see if anyone had an old Rogers phone, I was on my break at work just a few hours earlier, went out to my car and remembered looking at the phone and wondering what I was going to do with it. Just a bit of an update for you, I did look around and found the owners manual, quick start guide. Everything is here, complete with SIM card, charger, headphones so she can listen to the radio if she likes also. The phone does also take pictures.

Have a safe deployment when you head out Bzz, and hopefully this will arrive for her in time before you go away.

~Rebecca

Back