• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for some advice- Now an Ode to Tanya

Lil_T

Inactive
Reaction score
zipperhead_cop said:
Without knowing anything about it I can offer a few general observations I've made over the years.
1.  As mentioned, you can't help someone who doesn't want help.
2.  There are women out there who live for drama.  Just seeing/hearing a guy get all wound up and bothered at the idea of another guys attention gets them off.  There are a great many women who go their whole lives without ever getting into one of these situations.  People who repeatedly get into jackpots are doing something to bring it on themselves. 
3.  Local law enforcement will have zero interest in helping her unless she makes the effort.  See point #1.
4.  Until she tells the guy in a very clear, no-BS manner to back off she is only borderline deterring the problem.  Once she does that, she should start keeping an actual written journal on times/dates/places she has had problems with the guy.  This will go a long way towards a credible criminal harassment case. 
5.  If her name is Tanya (or any variation thereof--Tonya, Tanya, Tatiana etc) walk away now.  They are all bat-sh*t crazy.  A gross generalization that is based on multiple experiences.  :p
If there is some other element to this you would rather PM over, feel free to send it to me.

I find that particularly offensive.  Crazy happens under all sorts of names thank you very much.

that aside, points 1-4 are pretty solid.

Methinks ya need to reread that with some humour in your day.....

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Methinks ya need to reread that with some humour in your day.....

sorry ;D - just don't like being lumped in with a bunch of headcases simply because I was unfortunate enough to be given one of the most popular names for girls in the 70s - probably why it seems like all the crazies are named Tanya.

Lil_T said:
I find that particularly offensive.  Crazy happens under all sorts of names thank you very much.

that aside, points 1-4 are pretty solid.

Let me guess, your name is Tanya?  Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with what a "gross generalization" is.  And while you are looking at various terms, perhaps have a glance at "attention seeking". 

mariomike said:
Was your generalization based on personal or professional experience? Or both?

Personal is what got the name on my radar, but professional is what cemented it in my mind. 

Some of our older readers may recall Tonya Harding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTdbPjsBSs

"Folks said there's no way Obama has a chance unless he goes and kneecaps the person ahead of us, does a Tonya Harding,"
President Obama

I'm familiar with the terms "gross generalization"  -  like, I could say, "all cops are a**holes" doesn't mean it's true for all - but there you have it.  Gross generalization.

As far as attention seeking goes - I'm not looking for attention - just trying to point out that it's unfair of you to lump all women with the name Tanya (or any variant of) in the category of batshit crazy.  Do I know chicks named Tanya that are loopy?  Sure, I also know Melanie's, Raylene's, Tara's (or any variant thereof), and lots of others who are equally nutty, or moreso.  Maybe you would have just been safer saying - women - they're batshit crazy.  ;D

eta: MODS - I'd like to apologize for the derailment - please delete my posts as you see fit, as they're not contributing to the OP.  *sorry*

DING! DING! DING!  We have a winner!

Nothing would amuse me more than seeing this split and put into Radio Chatter. 
In the mean time, perhaps lets give Piper a chance to read this. 

Keep living the dream, Tanya.  It will work out for you.  Stay strong.  :-*

Back on topic:

Piper:  you can be as supportive as possible, but ultimately it's her decision what to do and how to handle it.  Give her support, give her resources to resolve the issue, but you can't do it for her.  That can be the hardest part.

I love this place.. that's all I gotta say.. you guys put smiles on my face when I need them.

Thanks Tanya!!

zipperhead_cop said:
Keep living the dream, Tanya.  It will work out for you.  Stay strong.  :-*

Wow!!

Are you thus countering Tanya's claim that you'd have just been better off stating:

"Women - they're batshit crazy"

Mother of gawd man - there's no hope for you at all. You don't believe Tanya. And she's a Tanya AND a chick trying to tell you that "women - they're batshit crazy". I've gotta back her up on this one.

I'm a Veronica, but I'll take you out for beers sometime where I can point out the batshit crazy women in the bar. Of course - wimmenfolk of the redheaded draperies species are NOT batshit crazy.

We are apeshit crazy; you'll learn to like it.

"And do you like it?'

'Well, she tells me I do." So........

{continues the death spiral]

5.  If her name is Tanya (or any variation thereof--Tonya, Tanya, Tatiana etc) walk away now.  They are all bat-**** crazy.  A gross generalization that is based on multiple experiences. 

When I first read this I, like Lil T and others, took offence because my wife's name is Tatiana.  However, in retrospect, and depending on definition and context,
bat-**** crazy
maybe Z/C's generalization shouldn't be entirely dismissed out of hand.

PS.  Don't tell my wife about this. Please.

ArmyVern said:
I'm a Veronica,

Veronica won Archie's heart.

"wimmenfolk of the redheaded draperies species are NOT batshit crazy.
We are apeshit crazy; you'll learn to like it."

It's funny cuz it's true!

Just because I love a spiral...

I would have to agree with Vern's basic premise: crazy women--> void for duplicity.

However, although our gentle counterparts all have the ability to become somewhat left of center, "Tanya's" tend to start there and either dig deeper or provide the illusion of normalcy with great effort. 

Doubtless, 1%ers exist in that realm as well. 

What if the Tanya-variant is only a stagename, such as that of a young ballerina of my aquaintance?

Hmmm, to actively seek and adopt such a mantle, especially in the....ballet industry...is almost like the perfect storm.  I guess The Morrigan was taken.

Loachman said:
What if the Tanya-variant is only a stagename,

I think I caught her grandmother's act downtown at the old Victory.
http://www.jacquedee63.com/stripper.html

Well....I am sure we all have a specific name that burns in our brains when the memory opens up.  My Mom always hated a "Linda" so every linda was a problem with her.  I dated one for a year at university and Mom was elated when that ended.  She (Linda) wasn't Crazy....well not while we dated. 

Back