• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

looking for old friends lahr rcha-zbattery 77-80

2-5- charlie

Inactive
Reaction score
looking to find Mort VanRyn ,also old friends from lahr 77-80 zbattery .rcha thanks former bdr brad campbell &claudette campbell. e-mail is on profile :) :)

I was in C Bty. from 76-80 in Lahr. I think your name rings a bell......But then again lately I've been hearing bells..... ::)

sorry your name doesn't ring any bells either. wondering if you  know  any of these  guys ..mark notty,tim easter ,ian smith ,the duke,he was  in the falcons mc thanks for the reply ;)

Mort went to B Bty, and was there for at least half of my tour(86-92) . He was a Number 1 on one of the guns.  Owned a 300Z, had a German or Dutch wife (cant remember which) and Im not really sure what happened to him.

thanks for the information on mort, i think he is still in germany,also has a brother in gagetown.if anyone knows his brother might be a help thanks  :salute: :cdn:

2-5- charlie said:
sorry your name doesn't ring any bells either. wondering if you  know  any of these  guys ..mark notty,tim easter ,ian smith ,the duke,he was  in the falcons mc thanks for the reply ;)

I know all those guys. I actually lived near Mark Notte after we both got out. He is near Penticton BC.  Do you know Danny Hiscock? He was in the Falcon's MC..Also a fellow C bty type.

I've heard from Mort's brother, Harry, in Gagetown.  Mort retired in Germany and is now working in Printing.  I let him (Harry)  know where to find this thread. 

Hi Z Bty ZULU Warriors.

I recognize one of those names. I did not serve in the early Bty years but was in the new stand up Bty in 89-91 when it was sent back into history. As a note to all Zulu Warriors who ever want to know when the Bty was disbanded in 91 those that remained pledged an oath to keep the key items with us until the new Bty is mobilized at that point to give those items to the new Bty personnel. Some of those items are:
Hog roast step by step procedures to include the years of posters that flew so proud around the unit lines. A tape of the last Hog roast....yes a tape exists with rather interesting people in it. ;)
Beer mugs with call signs
Coffee Mugs with Call signs
Photos
Blank ZBty Scrolls
History of the unit and traditions
Final tour T Shirt with all the stops that year, there were many.

Just thought I would add that note

Z Bty Zulu Warrior, we are few but we be mighty with a close bond that grew out of being different, never before did the guns have a recce Bty and not since. Being on the other side of the airfield we truly were Z Regt. First in last out deep Recce Guns, there was no better feeling then rolling the guns past the Regt and then the dug in Inf, Tanks and past Bn Recce beyond the Brigade. No one on the big battle map of the cold war was closer to the Russians than our little band of merry men. One day when the maps are on display at the war museum look for the arty symbol 30 meters from the border it is a Z Bty position. I made sure of that before we closed up shop that last year siting on the Hoff border in my hole.

3rd Horseman

Hi There,

Just found this site tonight and am so happy to see so many familiar names.  I knew most of the Z battery guys because I dated Wawah.  Just call him Roger now.  If anyone wants to get in touch with him drop me a emal and I will pass it on.  mimic@kos.net

Hi Denise: I remember both you and Wawah. I actually thought you guys got married, guess not.
Roger was one unique guy thats for sure, crazy like a fox.

Hope all is well with both of you........

By the way, do remember a German girl named Carmen Barbier? Her sister Mary-Lou married Bill Dobson...

Take care.

Paul.

Thanks for the pics but I cant really see them very well and for some reason I cant download them.  Could you email them to me please.  mimic@kos.net

thanks,  Denise

Wow, I guess I didn't leave all my brain cells in Germany ;D  I remember everyone mentioned in this thread :eek:

I hope life is treating everyone kindly. If you want to drop me a line feel free.

Barry Bartelt

P.S. Brad your looking for Z Bty friends using a B Bty call sign? ;)

Brad, I remember you, I just got off the phone with Mark Notte, him and I have kept in touch over the years. I am living in Washington DC right now and believe it or not, moving back to Germany in July. Wife is in the US Navy. Hope all is well with you.
Shot Over
Jim Brault

Hey Barry,  I lost your email address so please send me another.  Went to pass it on to Roger and couldnt.

Also,  to Jim B., please say hi to Mark Notte for Roger Conway and Denise.  If hes got email please let him know we would really like to hear from him.

mimic@kos.net

Denise

I know all these guys as well!!!

For all of you and for any Lahr Gunner/wife or anyone WHO served with the guns (techs - cooks - admin etc...) during 76 to 82.

We are organizing a get together in Armprior, Ontario on 26 July 2008. (this appears to be the most central area for a large group of us).  The venue is at the Mile High Parachute Club hangar in Armprior where (former Bomber) Turtle Lancaster is one of the Parachute instructors.  Turtle has offered to hold the party there.  He said it has all amenities including Camping sites, washroom/showers and a place to consume your favorite refreshment.  There are lots of Hotels and B&B's as well.  The actual reunion is on the 26th but we are planning some daytime activities in the nearby areas.  Some of the ideas are - tandem skydive (for a fee of course), white water rafting and bungee at Wilderness tours and for those interested, golfing 18 holes at a near by course after the farewells on Sunday.

If interested, please let me know by sending me an e-mail by checking my profile or answering this or the other 1RCHA posts.

Thanks.

The reunion plans are coming together.  The date has actually been changed to the long weekend In August (2 - 4)  If you need more information you can contact myself or Joe Claus.

For any on Facebook there has been a group started and an event page about the reunion.  Please come and check it out regardless of whether you can come to the reunion.  there will soon be some pics of old friends and various characters we all knew.  Also there are discussions taking place in the group.

Need help getting started...contact me via email  mimic@kos.net

Denise

Oops, forgot to tell you the group name.  Once you are on Facebook.com look for:

1RCHA Lahr (1976 - 1982)

Anyone know the whereabouts of Jack Horner.  His real name was Rod but we all called him Jack.  Havent seen or heard of him since Lahr and Roger and I would really like to see him again.  Let me know if you know anything.

Back