• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for gunners of 2 Heavy A/A regiment 8th Battery WW2

Proud of Dad

Inactive
Reaction score
I am trying to gather history about my father's service in the 2ND Heavy Antiaircraft Regiment, 8th Battery. My father William "Bill" Gammon served with this unit as he passed away last month we want to present his medals and service history to the Herman Good Legion in Bathurst NB. My father is from Bathurst and enlisted there then went to England  to NWE till the end of WW2. I have read a post on the Army.ca forum that someone had a history of the 2nd HAA. If anyone knew my father or has any history of the 2nd HAA I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me.  Thanks!!!

See Photos, the only ones on line for your Dad's unit. They will give you a feel for the soldiers, uniforms and equipment. Maybe, by coincidence your Dad is in the photos!!

Title: Gunners of the 2nd Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, pushing a 3.7-inch (9.84 cm) anti-aircraft gun through mud.
Dunkerque, France, February 1, 1945.
Bell, Ken., Photographer
Mikan Number: 3211345

Gunners of the 2nd Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery (R.C.A.), carrying a battery charge, Dunkirk, France, 1 February 1945.
Bell, Ken, 1914, Photographer
Mikan Number: 3250940

Back