• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for dad's picture.. need help please

vacinity

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello.. I am Peter Hackett's daughter. He was in the Army in 1944-45 out of Barrie-Camp Borden. He was a raidio Operator in a tank. He did go over seas but I am not sure of the dates. I do have his army number. Before my mom passed away I was hoping to find an army picture of him. I even went to Ottawa. They told me they didn't have one as a lot of that material was destroyed after the war. There has to be something around but I just don't know where to look any more. I have been searching for 5 years now. Could any one help me out here.. I am doing our family tree and want to add his army information and history. I was so proud of him. I have his medals tucked safely away and bring them out on Remberance Day and put a rose on is grave. He did not die in the war.
Thank-You everyone for your help
God Bless You All :yellow: :cdn:

Do you know what regiment he served with?

Your best chances may be with the regimental museum and veterans' association (if they exist).

Back