• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for Cornwallis Buds 1989 #8943 9 PL.

Argento102

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys. I think its about time I looked up some old buddies. CFB Cornwallis Course #8943
9 Platoon
Was anyone stationed there in 1989?.
My name is Darren Johns, and Im looking for old RCR or PPCLI buddies that I lost contact with.
ANY help would be eternally appreciated. We were the last platoon to use the FN rifle.
Thx guys, Darren

Anyone heard of Sam Oldfield (PPCLI) ? :cdn: :army:

I was there in ‘89. 6 platoon (Suicide Six). I can‘t remeber the course number though (8928 I think)...I went on to the LDSH in Calgary after getting out of there.

Slim

Nice to meet you brother. Hope the food was good ;) TTYS D.

"Peace through superior firepower"

I‘m going to continue this thread and hope the author doesn‘t mind...post your course, maybe there are others around.

Here‘s mine: 8845, 10 platoon.

I dont mind at all. Keeping in touch with our fellow patriots is why I started the post.

"Sticks and stones...."

my course #8936 7platoon(savage seven) anyone from this course? let me know thanks!

8002 "dirty dozen" 12 Pl ....God, I'm old... :(

7836 here. 9 platoon. Arrived there this weekend 27 years ago. That fall at Cornwallis was almost entirerly overcast and damp. :mad:

Crse 8906 (February) - 12 Platoon - barracks were beside the Protestant church and across the street from the Base Commander's house.

Plt WO was WO Northrup - RCR fella with a good sense of humour dealing with us Recruits LMAO

Anybody remember MCpl Marsh (aka Little Hitler as us Recruits called him)?

8903 here!  Our barracks was Terra Nova, right next to the main road a few hundred yards from the front gates and just up over the hill from that damned parade square! Anyone from this course???  I remember MCpl Marsh.  Little Hitler he was. My fondest memory was hearing "Gas, Gas, Gas!!" for the first time......

7902  8 pl down by the water.  How I miss the Green and Gold and the Clemensport Legion.

8438 Six pl. Had Mcpl Tim Grifiths PPCLI,Sgt Tom? Ogden RCHA as staff> In all 167 inf wannabes and 1 avn tech (poor sod). Arrived Sept 13 84 Grad Nov 21, Then off to Pet for the fun and games.

Pro Patria

Anybody remember MCpl Marsh (aka Little Hitler as us Recruits called him)?

I remember Leo Marsh, aka Little Hitler. Never had him as an NCO though. Still word gets around.

I also rember going to the Green and Gold for the first time with boots bloused.

8746 1 Plt then posted back to Cornwallis as a medic in 88.  Remember Leo Marsh well.  He is now a firefighter, unsure of where or if still in.  Last saw him in Edmonton back in 96.

8842    Oct17,1988 to Dec 16, 1988
12 platoon
" We Reign in this Domain"
Mixed bag of Navy,Artillery and Armoured....
Had W/O Northrup as well....
MCpl White...
little french recruit....Servais I believe. That boy could do push/sit ups like nobody I have ever seen since.
But get him to run 1/4 mile and he passed out every time....remember that guys?

8430: 11 Platoon, "c squad" - top of the hill in the House of the Rising Sun. MS Hoy (O'Boats.), Mcpl Spence (PPCLI).

8919 - nine platoon was the last to use the fn riffles
perhaps you had to carry them around and make bang bang noises.....

curtissw said:
8919 - nine platoon was the last to use the fn riffles
perhaps you had to carry them around and make bang bang noises.....

I went through in 8930 and we had FN's.

I never saw a C-7 till battleschool.

Back