• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

London Riots

E.R. Campbell said:
This will make the (many) followers of Enoch Powell nod in quiet satisfaction.

We, predominantly Christian Westerners in general, but Europeans - especially Brits - in particular, have failed to offer immigrants - especially 'immigrants of colour' - a  model for integration in our society. They, the outsiders, have, in response, constructed their own model which is unstable and unsatisfactory in almost every way, except that it appeals to them.

I don't have an answer.

I believe it is all the fault of that word ASSUME.  The word that makes an ASS of U and ME.

In a liberal society everyone is allowed to live according to their own creed.  As open societies we invite all comers and ASSUME they are like us.  Consequently we tell them they can live according to their own rules.  They don't have to be told to conform to our expectations because we expect that they will act and react in manners that conform to our expectations like any average Brit/Canadian/Yank/Whathaveyou.

But we never seem to appreciate that we have derived limits that suit our needs and that those limits are different to the limits of our guests......

How does a liberal society tell people how to live their lives?

I too, don't have any answers.

Saw people in the riots stealing food. That didn't really jibe with the 'pure criminality' the talking heads kept spouting.

Stealing food,.....

Update on the Duggan shooting investigation (BBC):  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14459516

Excerpts:

The police watchdog said ballistic tests showed "no evidence that the handgun found at the scene was fired".

...Forensic officers have told the IPCC it may not be possible to "say for certain" whether the handgun found near Mr Duggan was fired.

Further tests on the weapon, which had been converted from a blank-firing pistol to one that shoots live rounds, are being carried out to establish this.

The IPCC said it was not a replica and was an illegal firearm.

Further tests are being carried out on a "bulleted cartridge" found in the magazine.

and

The initial results confirmed a bullet found lodged in a police officer's radio was a "jacketed round" - a police issue bullet consistent with being fired from a force Heckler and Koch MP5.

Nemo888 said:
Saw people in the riots stealing food. That didn't really jibe with the 'pure criminality' the talking heads kept spouting.

Stealing food,.....

The chip shops are closed.......

Nemo888 said:

Stealing food,.....

loot620_1966285c.jpg

tottenham_048.jpg

London_riots_cenatoph.jpg

I weep for Britain

The initial results confirmed a bullet found lodged in a police officer's radio was a "jacketed round" - a police issue bullet consistent with being fired from a force Heckler and Koch MP5.

No one but the police could have FMJ rounds... I have several cans of them in my basement... therefore, I must be a police officer...

Nemo888 said:

Stealing food,.....

I wasn't aware stealing food while in the midst of a riot was less criminal than stealing a case of coke from the Sobey's down the street because you didn't feel like paying.

Making excuses for criminal activity only encourages people to view it as a a viable option when they feel that "the man" is keeping them down. I'm rather certain that few of the theives are spreading the newly found food among the truly downtrodden.

Hackers threatening RIM for offering to help UK police..

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/world/archives/2011/08/20110809-195659.html

Help the police and you'll pay a heavy price.
That was the essence of a threat posted by a hacker group on Research In Motion's site Tuesday following reports that the Waterloo, Ont.-based BlackBerry Messenger manufacturer was co-operating with British police investigating the riots in London.

a Sig Op said:
No one but the police could have FMJ rounds... I have several cans of them in my basement... therefore, I must be a police officer...
The initial investigation report says:
• The bullet lodged in the MPS radio is a “jacketed round”. This is a police issue bullet and, whilst it is still subject to DNA analysis, it is consistent with having been fired from an MPS Heckler and Koch MP5.
I read that as "looks like it was fired from an MP5", not just "an FMJ bullet was found in the radio, and police are the only ones who use FMJ".  It also says more hunting/research is being done.

Time to deploy the Archers of Mons.

http://www.abebooks.com/books/gothic-horror-non-fiction-angels-mons/arthur-machen.shtml

Sorry for the side track.

Old Sweat said:
Time to deploy the Archers of Mons.

http://www.abebooks.com/books/gothic-horror-non-fiction-angels-mons/arthur-machen.shtml

Sorry for the side track.

Either that or break out Drake's Drum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake's_Drum

ModlrMike said:
The Glorious Dead must be rolling in their graves.

Probably fast enough and frequently enough you could use them as a ceiling fan.

Fighting and dying for the freedom of peaceful protest only to have hooligans use it as a flimsy excuse to riot, loot, and assault those tasked to keep the peace.

Absolutely appalling

There are reports of thugs forcing people to disrobe.Some 16,000 cops are on the London streets and are promising to use rubber bullets.Clearly things were out of control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024001/UK-riots-2011-London-Birmingham-people-forced-strip-naked-street.html

article-2024001-0D5CB5C100000578-825_642x603.jpg

rmc_wannabe said:
Fighting and dying for the freedom of peaceful protest only to have hooligans use it as a flimsy excuse to riot, loot, and assault those tasked to keep the peace.

Absolutely appalling
Unless of course, they included food amongst their looting, rioting and assaults -- those hooligans are OK.

::)

Journeyman said:
Unless of course, they included food amongst their looting, rioting and assaults -- those hooligans are OK.

::)

Yeah, they are just hungry. Perhaps some of the UN East African Aid should be re routed to suburban London to help quell the riots ::)

So the reason for some of them rioting is to show the police they can do what they want?

If I was a business owner in London right now, the law would be the only thing that would protect looters from me

I wish good luck to the bystanders in London and the police who have to deal this

Melanie has a very good summary . . .

"I have written for more than two decades on the various elements that have contributed to this collapse of order: family breakdown and mass fatherlessness; the toleration and even encouragement of grossly inadequate parenting; educational collapse which damages most those at the bottom of the social heap; welfare dependency; political correctness and the vicious injustices and moral inversion of victim culture; the grossly irresponsible toleration of soft drug-taking; the shuddering distaste at the notion of punishment and the consequent collapse of authority in the entire criminal justice system; the implosion of the policing ethic and the police retreat from the streets; the increasing organisation and boldness of anarchist and left-wing subversive activity; and the growth of irrationality, narcissistic self-centredness and mob rule and the near-certainty of a fundamental breakdown of morality and order."

RTR@

http://melaniephillips.com/the-chickens-come-frighteningly-home-to-roost

Jim Seggie said:
Maybe its time to deploy snipers.

A ring of armed Royal Marines around the Cenotaph wouldn't be out of the question.

Back