• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Locations

C

Cycophant

A quick question to those who know:

How does the Recruiting Center decide:
A) Which MOC-Training School (SQ) you visit after Basic Training?
B) Which Unit you serve with once all your training is completed?

I‘ve heard some say they were able to choose which Unit they served with. Particularily confusing were the instances where apparently, someone could request a unit nowhere near their current location (i.e. a Torontonian getting places in PPCLI). I would assume you would get posted, depending on obviously your trade, but your location as well (barring any MOC-shortages in a higher-priority unit). I assumed you had minimal choice in the matter, personally.

Can anyone shed some light onto this situation? Thank you in advance.

I was told you can request to be posted out of the recuiting area. But that is just a request. It won‘t happen just because you request it. This is what the recuting office told me so if I‘am wrong sorry.

I‘m assuming you are referring to a regular nco in this case.

As for A) The answer various. For instance, if your joining Infantry you get packed off to basic training, and afterwards you can choose which Battalion you want to join. It just so happens that PPCLI is looking so you‘d likely be able to join them easier then RCR, and unless your a franco you wont be getting into R22R. Your then sent off to your MOC training.

Once your training is all complete, Basic & MOC, you get put where your needed.

As for being posted out of your recruiting area, well of course. Your getting sent to basic for the first 10 weeks of your new life, then off to wherever the trade school is. So for instance if you join the PPCLI as infantry your going to Edmonton regardless if you live in Calgary or timbuttf*ckintoo.

Back