• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

load bearing gear help

Shrek1985

Inactive
Reaction score
hey all, looking for user experience with the last generation of american web gear as well as the israeli equipment.

here is where i;m at: i have my belt carrier, which is just a stock piece i put together with obsolescent pattern 82 gear, it holds 4+ full belts of 7.62 NATO and i like it, but i want to make it better. most of that weight rests on my hips, which is very comfortable, but alot is also on my shoulders. pattern 82 suspenders are nice, but i am wondering if there is something better and have been looking at the shoulder pads from american ITLBV and the yolk from the israeli 'commando harness'

the ITLBV i can get for cheap on ebay, but is it any good? how padded is it? how well does it disperse the weight?

the commando harness looks great, but is it really? and it's expensive, is there anyway known among you for me to get just the yolk? i had no luck finding any sites offering just parts for israeli gear.

as far as testing and approval of what i have now, i've never yet been slotted as a C6 gunner AND had enough ammo to make it worth my time, but i have weighted it and tried it out around the neighbourhood. as well i brought it on maple defender 07 in alberta, of course i was assigned as an RTO, but a guy on the support team carried it and loved it. our support team was 4+ c6s with at least 12 guys, many of them carrying 4+ belts. buddy tried it in a small pack and in my belt carrier and liked it better with nary a peep as to non-standard kit and the thing was alot more ad-hoc then with some wierd old large canvas pouches on it.

Unless you want to wear egg yolk, I suggest you spell it "yoke". :)

I wont disect your post, but to quote George's reply from another one of your posts, a little "Shift Key" as well as some basic grammar would help make your post more readable, and not make people automatically dismiss your thread as nonsensical rambling and drivel. If you do not have the "time" to make the effort and use some grammar, you will begin to find out in short order that people will not have much "time" for you.

So you want to run American and/or Israeli webbing parts on a Canadian belt? Does that sum it up?

If you have money to dump on all that surplus stuff from all over the world, you might as well just buy a purpose built commercially available alternative. It'll likely serve you much better then a frankensteined rig, and in the end, you'll save a lot of time and maybe even a little money.

PhilB has mentionned, in another thread, running a belt kit during one of his deployments. Perhaps PM him for more info.

If you want more info on American web gear, maybe ask around on Lightfighter.net . They're usually pretty helpful. Hehe... ;)

Thank you for the suggestions Eric_911, I'll try tracking down PhilB.

And yeah, the Yolk is on me. haha

Back