• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Likelihood of getting on TF1-08?

BKells

Inactive
Reaction score
Ref: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa/tf108/cmd_message.htm

What's the likelihood of getting on TF 01-08 (it being a LFWA / 2PPCLI / 2CMBG tour), myself being a LFCA reservist? I'm going to submit a memo next week asking to be nominated. I have 2.5 years in, comms, drivers, DP2A, and PLQ mods 2-4.

I don't know what your odds are but I do know that the worse they can do is say no.

Put your memo in, your CoC is then aware you want to deploy....and hopefully you get a spot. Good on you, and good luck.

Getting on a tour from another area as a reservist is tricky.
There ARE stories of guys, say from Ontario, getting on tour when it's the guys out west going but it's probably very few and far between. I know I've put in a million memos for it, so have my friends.

The thing is, even when it's a tour from central area going overseas, you have a zillion reservists putting their names in for tour.  Your regiment might be tasked with providing 6 slots and said regiment will have 22 people put their name in.  Considering they have so many guys to choose from in a local area it doesn't make sense to bring in guys from across the country right?

Flawed...
You'd be surprised at how difficult it is to put together a full slate of members for any TF.  Consider the TF that is currently over there..... you have RCR as the lead element, accompanied by PPCLI, and now also accompanied by R22R.  Having to pick troops from Mb, Ont & Qc to fill in all the slots tells me something.......

geo said:
Flawed...
You'd be surprised at how difficult it is to put together a full slate of members for any TF.  Consider the TF that is currently over there..... you have RCR as the lead element, accompanied by PPCLI, and now also accompanied by R22R.  Having to pick troops from Mb, Ont & Qc to fill in all the slots tells me something.......

I'm under my coffe quota and over my thinking quota, Geo, could you elaborate a bit?. Are you saying they're having a hard time filling slots? And if they are, do you have any knowledge of the support trade slots? If you don't want to post you could PM me if you prefer. Or just tell me to piss off ;D

potato

note to self: more coffee

Some trades are more plentiful than others..... then again, there is usually a higher demand for those. 
The LFC is talking about limiting people to one deployment over there.  Then there is the CDS & the MND who are both musing about employing Baby Blue & Navy Blue types to fill in the behind the wire positions, to me that would "suggest" there aren't enough green tradesmen to fill in all the spots... but I could be wrong - I guess.

geo said:
Then there is the CDS & the MND who are both musing about employing Baby Blue & Navy Blue types to fill in the behind the wire positions, to me that would "suggest" there aren't enough green tradesmen to fill in all the spots... but I could be wrong - I guess.
Thank you.

potato

(Then there is the fella who'se work station is behind mine - he keeps close look at CFTPO & 2050 fill rates for the next TF)

geo said:
(Then there is the fella who'se work station is behind mine - he keeps close look at CFTPO & 2050 fill rates for the next TF)

"What's his price, cookies or beer? "

Belay that!  Dammit, that was my inside head voice  >:D

pssst. seriously tho...choco chip/peanut butter/alpine/an ugly sister???

Fair enough Geo, I know we're having shortages in some areas.
But as far as Pte/Cpl Reserve infantry guys, we're a dime a dozen.  What I ment is that if you have 20 guys from each regiment in ontario trying to fill 5 slots per, it doesn't make sense to start canvasing BC for augmentees.  I'm assming Bells is a NCM infantry reservist.

Gents,

Sorry for not jumping in here earlier....I was off hunting for a week!  Quite successfully I might add.... ;D

In terms of force generating for TF 1-08....the CLS has directed that we fill all positions from LFWA.  The reason is to get out of this mix and match force structure with companies from each area and reservists from across the country.  LFWA has been told to "empty the shelves" of pers before going back to the army.  Right now it appears that we will have sufficent reservists for the tour, it never hurts to request.  I have been out for a week but will be up to speed on the latest issues this week and can reflect better on this.  I will get back and post once I have more info....

Cheers

Jeff

Back