• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Life on a Submarine ?

Thats weird... I started this topic a few days ago... But now it says that the topic was started in 2007 by someone else  ????? Strange.

Anyway, thanks for the info guys, if anyone wants to add anything, go ahead !  :)

Thanks again !

I saw that the very first question mentions a pressure test. What exactly does the pressure test entail? I am interested in going sub-surface (a few years down the road from here ), but I have difficulty taking pressure in my ears. I had a lot of opperations when I was younger.

It's the same test the divers take. They take you "down" to a certain depth (pressure) and back up. The idea is to make sure that you can equalise pressure differences.

It doesn't really mean a whole lot...when a wave washes over the snort mast, or if you're doing "tactical" snorting, or if the Sea Things/Canadian Aviator's ilk are about, or if the Docinexperienced planesmen are on the OMC, you'll do a lot of "manual" pressure equalisation....or you'll bleed from your ears. Either way, no big deal.

Back