• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lieutenant Governor's Military Service Pin - for Sask. residents, past & present

bridges

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
http://ltgov.sk.ca/news-and-events/military-service-pin

A new initiative from the office of the Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan, to recognize residents of Saskatchewan who've served in or with the military.  Almost any Canadian military service is recognized - either as a CF mbr or police att. - with the exception of the CIC. 

The residency part includes anyone who lived there solely for military training, so I guess if you were in Dundurn long enough to change your driver's licence at some point, that would be relevant.  It doesn't look like a strict process.

You can apply online and they'll send you a pin in the mail.  They don't need proof - just say where you lived.  The initial presentations were done with fanfare and photographers, but if applying online it's a more modest affair - there's no letter or message in the envelope, just a pin on a little card.  But a nice gesture nonetheless.  :salute:  :cdn:

Edit:  forgot to mention, it's for wearing on civvy clothes, not uniform.   

Another thing:  The LG's office reports that in some cases local Legion branches and military units have been receiving the pin in batches and presenting it to the recipients, which may be preferable to some folks, compared to getting it in the mail. 

I'm CIC and I was given one.

upon closer inspection of the website, i see where it says that CIC aren't entitled. I guess I will be sending mine back.

Mods, I did a search for this topic before posting, and it didn't come up.  Sorry about that nonetheless. 

Edit:  just did another one for the words Saskatchewan and pin, appearing together.  No other thread about this.  Anyway, feel free to move it wherever else it would better fit.

Back