• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Licensing Violations - Air-Force.ca

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Folks,

Last week I received word that there are crown copyrights on Army.ca and Navy.ca. Air-Force.ca is not affected due to the addition of the hyphen. Unfortunately starting in April we are legally unable to use the other sites and their proprietary colour schemes, so moving forward we will be stuck with the Air-Force style.

I apologize and will do all I can to fight this, but as the papers have been filed, for now we must comply.

Cheers
Mike

My MilPoints got sent before adding "  ;) "

I assure you that I find it difficult to take too much seriously on this.... the RCAF 'birthday.'  :nod:

:cheers:

Mike Bobbitt said:
Folks,

Last week I received word that there are crown copyrights on Army.ca and Navy.ca. Air-Force.ca is not affected due to the addition of the hyphen. Unfortunately starting in April we are legally unable to use the other sites and their proprietary colour schemes, so moving forward we will be stuck with the Air-Force style.

I apologize and will do all I can to fight this, but as the papers have been filed, for now we must comply.

Cheers
Mike

"It's our 94th anniversary! The #RCAF was formed on April 1, 1924.
We'd also like to give a shout out to our friends at the @RoyalAirForce who are celebrating their 100th birthday today #RAF100"  ;)

https://twitter.com/RCAF_ARC

The RCAF - the world's longest standing April Fools' joke?  Who'd have thunk it...

MM

Good news, the licensing dispute was resolved. Turns there was a minor loophole that would have allowed the Army and Navy to use the same hotel booking standards as the Air Force, and as DND does not have the budget to support that, the contract was terminated.

Back to the old green. And wow, I really need to do some work on that light blue colour scheme.

Whew, thank gawd for last minute negotiations. My eyes were starting to burn.

[quote author=Mike Bobbitt]
Back to the old green. And wow, I really need to do some work on that light blue colour scheme.
[/quote]

It's an easy fix, just use the RCN colour scheme.  :whistle:

How about "walk from the cockpit to the Galley 5 times"...that's more my style!  There's food in the galley.  :nod:

Back