• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Shipped PPE to china. I’m sure there is much more.
Canada wasn’t the only one to do that. The Trump administration did the same. A few other countries as well.

That sort of thing is part of any pandemic response if you can stop the spread at the source. It’s standard practice.

Canada wasn’t the only one to do that. The Trump administration did the same. A few other countries as well.

That sort of thing is part of any pandemic response if you can stop the spread at the source. It’s standard practice.

We shouldn't be giving away resources that we don't have a massive surplus of.

China's greatest influence was not being energetically transparent at the outset. That applies regardless of the virus source. If a lab leak was the cause, transparency about that would have been - and would be - additional useful information, particularly regarding decisions yet to be taken about research and where and how to conduct it. Everything the Chinese government did to save face has influenced responses.

Yea, no, you definitely win this one. #facepalm

I'm really surprised though and doubtful of the line "Germany managed to build a terminal in 10 months because the need was so great" and the implication that Canada could have done the same. I highly doubt both of those claims. For the first one, they may have BUILT the terminal in 10 months, but how long did it take to get all the approvals and environmental assessments done? Were

China's greatest influence was not being energetically transparent at the outset. That applies regardless of the virus source. If a lab leak was the cause, transparency about that would have been - and would be - additional useful information, particularly regarding decisions yet to be taken about research and where and how to conduct it. Everything the Chinese government did to save face has influenced responses.
Agree 100%

I don't want to that guy who says "I knew it!"

Because I think we all did, even if some wanted to believe the narrative of the MSM.

A sample of the virus escaping the lab, even if by accident, was always a far more logical explanation than...

"Some guy ate a sick bat the other day, and apparently he's friends with the most travel hungry people on Earth because within a matter of days, they spread it worldwide! Now you're all gonna die if you go outside..."

Why would a Chinese billionaire pledge a large sum of money to a Canadian university, if not to gain something in return?

Tax writeoff? Maybe, I don't know how taxes work in China.

Donating to the one post-secondary school that bears the name of our current PM's father as a 'tribute' to his dad? Why would a Chinese billionaire remotely care to pay tribute to a former & now deceased PM?

The fact that doing so would result in direct access to our current PM was just a coincidence, I'm sure...

(A PM who's known for being an elitist, and has blatantly been willing to change certain laws to accommodate big corporate crooks who are under investigation...)

Not suspect...yeah okay...

Two high-level memos allege Beijing covertly funded Canadian election candidates

Justin Trudeau said he was never briefed on the issue, and his security adviser has dismissed it out of hand, but two high-level national security reports before and after the 2019 election suggest they were warned that Chinese government officials were funnelling money to Canadian political candidates.

Two high-level memos allege Beijing covertly funded Canadian election candidates
so we have an out and out lie from Trudeau or the security folks who have backed up their assertations with a copy of the report. I think Singh is going to have to get off the fence very soon. Those pickets can get awfully sharp

We're close. I want the whole LPC sent to the hinterland for some reflection and realignment.
They're on their way...

The last time PMJT came to Kingston, he was welcomed warmly at City Hall with throngs of supporters looking for selfies.

Yesterday? Captive audience and massive security detail. More people were pissed off they closed the Wabaan Crossing at rush hour than anything else.

The fact that our Liberal MP looked uncomfortable with the whole affair speaks to how the LPC caucus is crystal balling the next election.

They're on their way...

The last time PMJT came to Kingston, he was welcomed warmly at City Hall with throngs of supporters looking for selfies.

Yesterday? Captive audience and massive security detail. More people were pissed off they closed the Wabaan Crossing at rush hour than anything else.

The fact that our Liberal MP looked uncomfortable with the whole affair speaks to how the LPC caucus is crystal balling the next election.

Kingston is a Liberal stronghold. If it folds that's a bad sign.

Back