• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Only if they left their portion of it behind, and somehow ignoring the First Nation agreements are with the Crown, not QC, so a provincial vote to separate doesn't have any jurisdiction over that.

In general, the First Nation agreements being separate from Confederation means that any province leaving Canada would be a strangely riddled puzzle piece.
As the SCC has recognized, any sort of UDI would be outside the frame of legality, so it is futile to attempt to make legal arguments.

Geopolitics would be the deciding factor.

And I hope voters don't fall for it.

The decent LPC MPs who remained silent after JWR and Philpot were chased out or silent after all the scandals are not really decent after all.

This party needs to be banished to the hinterland, not even party status, so something like JT is never the PM again.

The left: "Funerals and wakes often have moments of camaraderie and jolliness, and this is no different. He is entitled to some light social time."

The right: "He has horrible judgement skills and really is an immature childish clown/jester. This is right up there with his blackface party days."

The center: "Would you both just shut the f*** up and talk about actual policies to help with inflation and the housing crisis?"

"Much Ado About Nothing" comes to mind.

Act II, Scene i
BEATRICE
Why, he is the Prince's jester, a very dull
fool; only his gift is in devising impossible slanders.
None but libertines delight in him, and the commendation
is not in his wit but in his villainy, for he
both pleases men and angers them, and then they
laugh at him and beat him

I tend to agree that this is pretty much nothing.

But…

I do think that the PM has made errors in judgment in the past that have been embarrassing (costumes etc) so I guess this sort of thing just adds to a narrative that is self inflicted. If he didn’t have the already long list of gaffes maybe this would be brushed off by most. Heck maybe it is being brushed off by most.

People shouldn’t lose sleep over this. It’s not really a big deal.

This is just silly; and I directly judge people on whether or not they will sing along to a pub song like this in a pub setting. Funerals are sad, but I'm a big fan of celebrating people's lives and accomplishments, and you can do that while also being sad they are gone.

Is it a big deal? Not as big a deal as say "blackface" or the SNC scandal...

This is just another example of the PM acting foolish while representing this country. Another negative.

I would say this is foolish not even from a Canadian perspective citizens perspective, rather a completely offensive one to one of our closest allies.

For most Canadians they are going to follow exactly what Lumber laid out. From a British perspective, a nation which is going through days of mourning and is known for their stoicism, they have a concept known as time and place. Getting a flight to attend to the funeral of the Monarch on taxpayer dime, to then spend some of that time when your supposed to be mourning or at least representing a mourning nation shows he has no self-control. It is offensive to them. And I would say he owes one of our greatest allies a apology. Especially after partially making something which should have been a show up, do the dance, go home event with only your attendance noted. Into a look at what Trudeau is up to event.

This isn't about a domestic look, it is about how we look internationally, and it isn't a great one.

I would say this is foolish not even from a Canadian perspective citizens perspective, rather a completely offensive one to one of our closest allies.

For most Canadians they are going to follow exactly what Lumber laid out. From a British perspective, a nation which is going through days of mourning and is known for their stoicism, they have a concept known as time and place. Getting a flight to attend to the funeral of the Monarch on taxpayer dime, to then spend some of that time when your supposed to be mourning or at least representing a mourning nation shows he has no self-control. It is offensive to them. And I would say he owes one of our greatest allies a apology. Especially after partially making something which should have been a show up, do the dance, go home event with only your attendance noted. Into a look at what Trudeau is up to event.

This isn't about a domestic look, it is about how we look internationally, and it isn't a great one.
Good points.

Unfortunately, most people won’t see it that way. I still contend that it’s better to hold one’s powder dry for truly offensive behaviour/policies that one doesn’t need to explain too hard to others why it’s offensive.

If you’re explaining, you’re losing.

The choice of music was also in extremely bad taste. The name Queen in this case presents further implications considering the person for whom they were supposedly in mourning.

Back