• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Not half as amusing as the article to protect QC's number of seats during next redistribution.

Not half as amusing as the article to protect QC's number of seats during next redistribution.

Meh. PEI managed to lock in four seats in each of the House and the Senate as part of the deal to join confederation, so saving one seat in Quebec isn’t a very big deal.

PE did it a long time ago. QC is doing it today. Public perception may differ across time.

PE did it a long time ago. QC is doing it today. Public perception may differ across time.
I think QC wanted something even more insidious than the PEI treatment. Just permanent overrepresentation in the HoC. That they are getting it dialed back to the PEI treatment has to be considered a loss for them.

This region before country garbage is going to tare us apart.
Not every country lasts forever, not every empire, not every city.

See Yugoslavia, Roman Empire, and Carthage.

But as the optimist who jumped off a building said when asked how it was going, All right so far

Not every country lasts forever, not every empire, not every city.

See Yugoslavia, Roman Empire, and Carthage.

But as the optimist who jumped off a building said when asked how it was going, All right so far

Were rowing in the same direction

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-10-dollar-child-care-deal-1.6397643
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-10-dollar-child-care-deal-1.6397643
Yay Ontario!

Funny how they came to an agreement just before funding was set to lapse.

And after holding out saying 10.2b over 5 years was not enough they got 10.2 billion over 4 years...by wasting this year.

But better lat than never, and we officially have a national universal childcare system in place.

Next up, dental and pharma.

This is going to tilt everything if is unrolls anything like this (which I for now assume is the most provocative prediction):

"Veronica Clark, an economist at Citigroup Global Markets Inc., changed her forecast, and now predicts half-point increases in April, June and July, followed by a series of quarter-point lifts that leave the benchmark rate at 2.75 per cent at the end of the year, compared with 0.5 per cent currently."

This is going to tilt everything if is unrolls anything like this (which I for now assume is the most provocative prediction):

"Veronica Clark, an economist at Citigroup Global Markets Inc., changed her forecast, and now predicts half-point increases in April, June and July, followed by a series of quarter-point lifts that leave the benchmark rate at 2.75 per cent at the end of the year, compared with 0.5 per cent currently."
Hope that helps to tackle inflation a bit, but I doubt it.

Hurray for variable rate mortgage!... f***...

Sorry to brag, but looks like I timed paying off my mortgage just right.

Hurray for variable rate mortgage!... f***...

If I still had one, I'd be inclined to hang in since I think it still more likely than not that this situation is temporary. But I could see locking in if that provision were available and the term only had a couple of years to run.

Citizens of countries with actual dictators have entered the chat...

A lot of Canadians are sheltered AF; traveling the world to the less visited places was really eye opening. Even under the full EA act still a ways to go until we're remotely close to any real dictatorship, and we have things like a functional Supreme Court and other legitimate checks and balances.

Dictators, by definition, have none of that, and aren't confined by the rule of law. This kind of ridiculous hyperbole continues to undermine real, meaningful discussions about important things like why the EA was enacted. It seems there was a gap to get police operating in other jurisdictions which this bridged, but probably some other things they did under there which weren't necessary. But if people keep throwing around 'Nazi' and 'Dictator' accusations everywhere we don't get anything other than pithy video clips they can post on twitter.

If the MPs are just going to be tictok content producers, we can probably eliminate about 3/4 of them and save a billion a year.

Back