• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

And your point is ?
I'm sorry but sadly that is how the system works.these days.
Considering that 3 territories and 9 provinces have made a deal with the feds, I think it's safe to say the Ontario is an outlier here, and this isn't how the system works these days.

Playing political games with a program that is supposed to assist families is absolutely terrible.
Didnโ€™t the liberals propose this to make it an election issue? The timing would seem to indicate that given they were mulling a spring/summer election at the time .

Considering that 3 territories and 9 provinces have made a deal with the feds, I think it's safe to say the Ontario is an outlier here, and this isn't how the system works these days.
To be fair it could also be the Federal government that's holding things up. It would not be the first time when the feds have delayed ,while blaming the provincial government.

To be fair it could also be the Federal government that's holding things up. It would not be the first time when the feds have delayed ,while blaming the provincial government.
They negotiate a deal with 3 territories, 9 provinces, and first nations for childcare and for some reason...hold things up with only ontario?

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

Didnโ€™t the liberals propose this to make it an election issue? The timing would seem to indicate that given they were mulling a spring/summer election at the time .
No, they put it in budget 2021. Election was september 2021.

Announced in April 2021. Election speculation was well under way.
Lets say for arguments sake that it was for the election.

It still means that 3 territories, 9 provinces and first nations all managed to negotiate a deal with the feds on childcare in 2021. Here we are, 3 months into 2022 and Ontario still have not.

Lets say for arguments sake that it was for the election.

It still means that 3 territories, 9 provinces and first nations all managed to negotiate a deal with the feds on childcare in 2021. Here we are, 3 months into 2022 and Ontario still have not.
Because Ontario is having an election. Theyโ€™ll announce it when the time works for them.

Because Ontario is having an election. Theyโ€™ll announce it when the time works for them.
In the interest of comparing apples to apples, Quebec is also having an election in 2022, and they have not failed to negotiate a deal with the feds.

In the interest of comparing apples to apples, Quebec is also having an election in 2022, and they have not failed to negotiate a deal with the feds.
Sure. When did Nova Scotia sign on? When was their election?

Oct 22 for Quebec is pretty far off but I suspect Legault isnโ€™t or wasnโ€™t worried about his approval ratings. And they already have a day care plan in place so Ho hum as far as they were concerned.

Each government will do whatever benefits them. Does not mean they will al follow the same play book. And who cares when the deal is signed. Itโ€™s more important to see who gets it up and running first.

Sure. When did Nova Scotia sign on? When was their election?
July then August.
Oct 22 for Quebec is pretty far off but I suspect Legault isnโ€™t or wasnโ€™t worried about his approval ratings. And they already have a day care plan in place so Ho hum as far as they were concerned.
Again, holding up childcare for families for approval ratings is terrible.
Each government will do whatever benefits them. Does not mean they will al follow the same play book. And who cares when the deal is signed. Itโ€™s more important to see who gets it up and running first.
Very true, but considering its already in place in provinces like Alberta, who signed their deal with the feds in November, it stands to reason that every month that Ontario could have had it up and running already. And a very important part of getting it up and running is, I think, coming to an agreement with the feds.

Maybe since the vote-rich areas of Ontario will vote Liberal even if Mr. Putin was running the deal being offered isn't good enough.

Or maybe Mr. Ford is a better poker player then the others....

July then August.

Again, holding up childcare for families for approval ratings is terrible.

Very true, but considering its already in place in provinces like Alberta, who signed their deal with the feds in November, it stands to reason that every month that Ontario could have had it up and running already. And a very important part of getting it up and running is, I think, coming to an agreement with the feds.
Sure. Welcome to politics

Maybe since the vote-rich areas of Ontario will vote Liberal even if Mr. Putin was running the deal being offered isn't good enough.

Or maybe Mr. Ford is a better poker player then the others....
The deal isn't good enough, but 3 territories, 9 provinces, and and first nations all signed on.

I don't think being last in your class is an achievement.

The deal isn't good enough, but 3 territories, 9 provinces, and and first nations all signed on.

I don't think being last in your class is an achievement.
Last one holding cards wins the pot.....

Back