• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our current prime minister manages to be so much worse than his father, and I've always held PET in utter contempt. He was, before his son, the most divisive PM in living memory. And the most enamored of tyrannical regimes.
I accept the amendment

Yet we are still here.

As a country.
And we might not be in 10 or 20 years at this rate. Trudeau is doing his damnest to alienate anyone who disagrees with his views. Prime Ministers should be unifiers, not dividers and at this point the fact he'll be re-elected, even if not with a majority, tells me this country is broken.

Our current prime minister manages to be so much worse than his father, and I've always held PET in utter contempt.
EDITED TO ADD: He was, before his son, the most divisive PM in living memory. And the most enamored of tyrannical regimes.
I fully agree - he was a petty dictator. And so is his son.

Here's a question:

What are the odds our Dear Leader changes his mind and decides to go on? According to a Nanos poll support for the LPC is declining.

And we might not be in 10 or 20 years at this rate. Trudeau is doing his damnest to alienate anyone who disagrees with his views. Prime Ministers should be unifiers, not dividers and at this point the fact he'll be re-elected, even if not with a majority, tells me this country is broken.
Right....

Jean Chretien was known as a unifier.

Paul Martin was known as unifier.

Steven Harper was known as a unifier.

Right.

I fully agree - he was a petty dictator. And so is his son.

Here's a question:

What are the odds our Dear Leader changes his mind and decides to go on? According to a Nanos poll support for the LPC is declining.
Most amalgamated polls say they are still on the cusp of a majority.

I think they are banking on the NDP always underperforming and being able to go toe to toe with the bloc.

We came pretty close to exploring a separation option once. Canada is not naturally cohesive.

We do a pretty good job (so far) of being a federation, but the accumulation of moralizing authoritarians who want top-down solutions to all of their bugbears, and want them today, is accelerating. There aren't many things off the table when you believe you're "on the right side of history" (whatever that is).

We came pretty close to exploring a separation option once. Canada is not naturally cohesive.
Yes, however separation is at generational low now. Even the bloc isn't running on separation, they are running on just getting goodies for Quebec.

The separatist party in provincial politics in Quebec is continuing to lose support.

I don't think we can look at Justin Trudeaus time at the helm as being on threatening to break apart our nation.
We do a pretty good job (so far) of being a federation, but the accumulation of moralizing authoritarians who want top-down solutions to all of their bugbears, and want them today, is accelerating. There aren't many things off the table when you believe you're "on the right side of history" (whatever that is).
I do like how Justin Trudeau is an authoritarian when he has been running the last two years in a minority parliament.

Nothing he has gotten done in the last two years was done without a dance partner.

Unless jagmeet singh is another moralizing authoritarian.

Our current prime minister manages to be so much worse than his father, and I've always held PET in utter contempt.
EDITED TO ADD: He was, before his son, the most divisive PM in living memory. And the most enamored of tyrannical regimes.
more than Brian Mulroney who reduced the PC party to 2 seats?
I'm not sure that Prime Ministers are unifying in any way or ever have been, people have always wanted to take their ball and go home when they didn't get their way
Yes, however separation is at generational low now. Even the bloc isn't running on separation, they are running on just getting goodies for Quebec.

The separatist party in provincial politics in Quebec is continuing to lose support.

I don't think we can look at Justin Trudeaus time at the helm as being on threatening to break apart our nation.

I do like how Justin Trudeau is an authoritarian when he has been running the last two years in a minority parliament.

Nothing he has gotten done in the last two years was done without a dance partner.

Unless jagmeet singh is another moralizing authoritarian.
I don't think he's talking about Quebec

Jagmeet Singh? The whole leftist post modernist movement is moralizing authoritarian

He is. He's right comfortable in there with all the rest of the people who have things they want to either make forbidden or mandatory. Example, no firearms. Those people are a long, long way from classical liberalism and generally letting people live their own lives.

He is. He's right comfortable in there with all the rest of the people who have things they want to either make forbidden or mandatory. Example, no firearms. Those people are a long, long way from classical liberalism and generally letting people live their own lives.
Okay.

Except I cannot think of any classically liberal party on offer.

So if none of the parties are classically liberal, why bother use that as a benchmark?

Okay.

Except I cannot think of any classically liberal party on offer.

So if none of the parties are classically liberal, why bother use that as a benchmark?

I agree with you, none of Canada's political parties are liberal. The question is: where do they sit on the spectrum of of illiberalism?

My guess is about here: Illiberal < BQLiberals_NDP______Greens*__PPCMaverick ________CPC______________> Liberal

-----

* The Greens are centrist whenever Lizabeth May and her band of anti-Semites is removed

I've never been able to vote for a party that sits atop the principles I favour. But there is always a closest approximation.

Parenthetically, "what you want doesn't exist, why do you keep trying" is overused in public discourse.

With the writs being drawn up after GG Simon accepted a request by PMJT to dissolve the 43rd Parliament, we officially have an end date for this thread.

Please feel free to continue the discussion here: Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

-Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back