• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LF: Applet PTE no Hook or with hook Air force Bluse with ENGINEERS in BLUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMCRX

Inactive
Reaction score
Ive seen a few around base petawawa.

Im looking for the AIR FORCE blue Applet that says ENGINEERS in blue no hook PTE or one hook.

Can anyone help me

Ive been to the 2 SVC BN supply and they just look at me weird when i aske for it. Ive seen 4-5 now on base

As far as I know, the new Air Force slip ons [khaki with blue thread] only come with "Canada".
If you want "Engineers" you'll have to CT and go Army.
My 0.02
regards, BYTD 

I believe it is a poorly spelt "appaulette".  Always called "slip ons" that went on your shoulder appualettes.

BYT Driver said:
I believe it is a poorly spelt "appaulette".  Always called "slip ons" that went on your shoulder appualettes.

oh........an "epaulette"

now i get it

Sorry im ment  appaulette

Ive seen 4 or 5 different guys wearing them

Maybe you should try contacting the Airfield Engineering Squadron in Cold Lake?

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/4wing/squadron/aes_e.asp

this is it
main.php

JDMCRX said:
Sorry im ment  appaulette

Ive seen 4 or 5 different guys wearing them

JDMCRX said:
this is it
main.php

The one on the left is no longer aproved for use.....AF ones are OD green ( or CAG for proper name), no more Blue thread over CADPAT  and the one on the right is army.

and it is called "epaulette"......with an E...its french

You mean there going back to olive green slip ons with blue stich?

JDMCRX said:
You mean there going back to olive green slip ons with blue stich?

I dont beleive that the AF has ever had OD with blue thread before now.......

They used to have them 3 years ago. i hope not because the olive draft ones looks hidious

Olive drab slip-ons with blue thread...it's what they recently got, it's what you wear if you're AF and wearing CADPAT

JDMCRX said:
They used to have them 3 years ago. i hope not because the olive draft ones looks hidious

Olive drab you mean?

FWIW, the AF slip-ons that I have seen (read the ones now approved for wear by AF mbrs in CADPAT) only have Canada.  I asked about that a MARLANT FLog when I was ordering my CAG name tapes and the Supp Tech at the counter said all they were getting in were Canada ones.  I bumped into a few (I am assuming) AESOps here on CFB Shearwater in their flight suits at the Canex and they were wearing the CAG Cpl slip-ons with Canada on them, not even Sqn tags.  

Oh, the epaulette is actually already on your uniform.  You are looking for the slip-on I believe.  The slip-on "slips-on" the epaulette...IIRC.

;)

FWIW, I completely agree.  IMO, this CAG with blue thread could have easily been replaced with....CADPAT with green thread, and green eagle.  I am pretty sure that my blue beret and t-shirt tip people off that I wear AF DEU before my slip-on does.  (we don't have the CAG name tapes yet, so we are made to wear CAG slip-on and CADPAT w/blue thread name tape.  I guess if I screw up and the WCWO is going to rip me a new one, he can tell I am a Cpl but would have NO chance at getting my name right  ;D).

I think there is TOO much money, thought and energy put into this slip-on and name tape crap.  Before this all started and I was still wearing Army, I never once at work thought "damn, you know what guys, I ALWAYS get messed up by those Navy or Air Force people wearing the same color slip-ons and name tapes as we do."  K-I-S-S.  Green thread...CADPAT slip-on...and then either the lite-sabers, anchor or birdie. 

From what I have heard is the airforce went olive drap slip on with blue thread is because you could not make out the rank on the cadpat with blue thread and oh wait for it any navy types wearing cadpat are getting slip ons with black thread and will be wearing black t-shirts.

JDMCRX said:
i hope not because the olive draft ones looks hidious

You are more then welcome to check my CADPAT uniforms and my flightsuits if you dont believe me.......ist not like i'm AF or anything...so what would i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back