• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Let's get rid of the Beret (or at least tell logistik unicorp theirs suck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a sailor and seeing as I can get a beret that forms properly out of the supply system have to just biting the bullet and ordering belgiques from the strats kitship

Adrian_888 said:
does everyone in land forces get the same beret when they first start and haven't earned there regiment one yet?

No.  For example, Armoured soldiers wear a black beret.

Also, I am not sure what you mean by Regimental beret.  Perhaps you are thinking of the cap badge that goes on said beret?

However, all recruits are issued a beret from the supply system upon receiving their initial kit allotment, and are required to wear that one for a certain part of their training before they will be allowed to wear a purchased one.

I have never heard of a Regimental beret so I think you are thinking of something else...such as the cap badge of the Regiment or Corps they will serve in?

IN HOC SIGNO said:
I'm going to borrow my buddies wedge on Monday and see if this is possible....that' s way too funny. ;D

Just pulled my wedge out to try it, but the sides are stitched on to keep it all together.  :(

airmich said:
Just pulled my wedge out to try it, but the sides are stitched on to keep it all together.  :(

Any airman or airwoman worth their salt would unstitch the sides to be prepared for even the most inclement weather!  ;D

Good2Golf said:
Any airman or airwoman worth their salt would unstitch the sides to be prepared for even the most inclement weather!  ;D

Ouch! Guess I haven't earned my airsalt yet!! 

Then again, not much in the way of inclement weather where I am right now.  Or at least my exposure to it!  :D

I_am_John_Galt said:
Yes, except the tankers.

Ummm.... until he is qualified in his trade, or studying for his trade, he ain't no tanker.
Think that all candidates on BMQ wear the dastardly Logistek green beret

MikeL said:
Recruits going Armour wear a black beret.

Indeed We Do, On my BMQ/SQ I didnt once have a green beret near my head, None of the armour types on course did.

And Hell, Black Berets are lady Magnets!

Wait a minute Mud, was it not a dream of yours to join the Navy reach the position of Coxswain then change your last name to Balls.

Wow, times have changed. When I went through depot as a Gunner we didn't even get rid of the cornflake until the grad parade for our TQ3's. There was a great deal of pride in "earning" the Artillery cap badge.   When I re-mustered to Aero Engine Tech, we were a full class of re-musters. None of us put up our Air Ops badge or removed our regimental accoutrement's until we Graduated as TQ3's in our new trade. Come to think of it.... we didn't get the cornflake until we had been taught basic drill up to saluting on the march.

Good2Golf said:
All of our parades are indoors - and that's the only time that that ... thing ... goes on my head.

I got a hot pink one I bought at a store in Barrie....  I just wonder if the base talior will sew a log badge on it?

TN2IC said:
I got a hot pink one I bought at a store in Barrie....  I just wonder if the base talior will sew a log badge on it?

TN2IC,

As a trucker, Scale D01301 is applicable. Who cares if the base tailor won't do it? Use that darn sewing kit they issued you on that scale to sew it on yourself!! You're a big boy...I dare you to and wear it too!! April 1st is just around the corner after all!!  >:D

Perry said:
Wait a minute Mud, was it not a dream of yours to join the Navy reach the position of Coxswain then change your last name to Balls.

Just so they would have to say "Coxswain Balls to the bridge!  Coxswain Balls to the bridge!!"

Now see, I thought that was funny  ;D

Mud Recce Man said:
Just so they would have to say "Coxswain Balls to the bridge!  Coxswain Balls to the bridge!!"

Now see, I thought that was funny   ;D
I am sure we all did, MRM  :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back