• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Legion Violently Robbed

Infanteer

Staff member
Directing Staff
Donor
Reaction score
I haven't been this disgusted in a long time.  If I was in the area, I'd form up a lynch mob and swing these guys from a lightpost.

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?viewType=print&articleID=1664174

Pepper spray, weapons used in Legion robbery

CALGARY (mytelus.com) â “ Elderly war veterans were subjected to a terrifying robbery early Thursday morning that also left them writhing on the floor from the burning effects of pepper spray.
Up to 14 patrons and employees were in the Forest Lawn Legion shortly after midnight when two masked men burst in and screamed at the patrons to get on the floor.

Calgary Police Det. Martin Schiavetta said one of the two thieves got angry when some frail patrons were taking too long to get down on the floor, and sprayed them.

The legion manager, who refused to give his name, said in a phone interview that one of the women hit with pepper spray was 77 years old.

Pepper spray creates such an intense burn on the eyes and nasal passages that it renders victims completely incapacitated for a lengthy period.

Schiavetta said the thieves, who were reportedly also armed with a hammer and guns, then stole money from the office and disappeared into the night leaving some of their terrified victims still coping with severe pain.

Paramedics arrived and washed out victims' eyes and the eyes of police who rushed to the scene before the bar was aired out and the pepper spray dispersed.

An employee said one of the thieves tried to hit him on the head with a hammer but he ducked and was struck on the back, the legion manager said.

Nevertheless, none of the patrons or employees required hospital care, Schiavetta said.

"It could have been very, very ugly," Schiavetta said about the thieves who were particularly and needlessly violent against such defenseless people.

The legion was locked up for the night after last call when the two male thieves smashed the glass doors with a sledgehammer shortly after midnight to get in, the bar manager said.

Schiavetta said he wouldn't disclose how much money was taken, but it appeared the thieves knew how money was handled in the facility located at 755-40 St. S.E.

"I don't think it was a random act. I think they targeted this establishment that night," he added.

To ensure the branch doesn't fall victim again, the detective said the city police crime-prevention unit will be called in to review its security measures and its handling of money.

Police are appealing for public help in tracking down the two thieves, who were described as medium-built white men who were wearing dark clothing and balaclavas and were around 5 feet, 8 inches tall.

Anyone with information should call police at 266-1234 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

I AM close to that area and if anyone wants help forming the afformentioned lynch mob they can contact me.

p to 14 patrons and employees were in the Forest Lawn Legion shortly after midnight...
Forest Lawn is one of the worst/poorest neighborhoods in Calgary and I understand it has above and beyond the highest crime rate in the city. Drugs and prostitution are pretty rampid in certain areas. The lynch mob would not know where to begin. I am willing to bet it is an oriental gang that commonly operate out of that area. They have been known to do these kind of raid robberies before. 

The Hells Angels also operate out of there, but not even they would do something so disgusting (I would hope)....maybe someone should go have a talk with the Hells Angels and ask for a favour.

Downright bloody discusting... Obiviouly the gang of thugs has no respect for the Legion or for what it stands. From what I understand Calgary has become a terrible city I have a friend who has teenaged daughters in Calgary the 17 yr old took a beating cause she would not join a gang according to "K" ( using her intital to protect her identity) the Oreintals and the Lebbonese are the worst.

scott1nsh said:
I AM close to that area and if anyone wants help forming the afformentioned lynch mob they can contact me.

I am close to that area too.  I've been to that legion many times since it provided much valued support to the air cadet squadron not half a kilometre away.  I have a lot of fond memories inside that legion.  I'll happly help you corner the guilty individuals in a dark alley.

As to the rest talking about Forest Lawn like it's the ghetto, stop it.  All my schooling up until grade eleven was done in that area (again only minutes away from the legion) and it's not like you have to walk around with body armour and pistol here.  Yes, it is a poorer area, and hence, a somewhat higher crime rate, but it's nothing like those who've posted above say.  It is still a very safe area to live in, even at night.

wongskc It's good to see you'd be amoung those who'd like to get those thugs in a corner. I understand you grew up in that area. As in all cities there are good and bad areas, the "bad areas" naturally being a poorer area are prone to higher crime rates due to lower incomes. The media doesnt help matters when crimes are higher in the poorer areas of any city

Well, I guess I shouldn't get mad at the people here for their opinions regarding Forest Lawn.  The media here gets a kick out of making this area look like the 6th ring of hell.  Back in my junior high school days, there was a kid who was killed during the summer here (him and his buddies were playing around with lighter fluid, got some spilled on him then some bright genius lit up a lighter).  The news here just descended like a pack of rabid, starving hyenas making my school look like one of the most dangerous places in the city.  They even interviewed a kid who said all kinds of things about how scared he was to go to that school.  A couple days later they had to apologize because it was discovered the kid didn't even live in the area and did not go to school there.

For some reason Calgary gets off on having a 'bad area' like it's a friggin badge of honour or something.

That's downright discusting.
Bloody thugs should be shot on the spot.
I can't believe anyone can live knowing they've done something like that, picking on the elderly because they're defensless. Not only is it a grand act of cowardice but it's downright disrespectful and rude.

Hear about a lot of B&E's that happen, it's sad these days because the thief's usually go for the elderly :(

Lucky no one was killed. Its pretty sick when elderly people are traumatised. Lets hope the local police will give this some extra attention, and the sub-human trash are caught, after a good beating.

Regards,

Wes

Bastard's!!! :mad:

May be the Law should ask the Angel's to help for once,I bet they find the scum in short time.

I'd never rely on the Angels, hate them with a passion.  I'm sure there are other ways of finding who it was.

Back