• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leatherman MUT

Steve1987

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got the Leatherman MUT for christmas to replace my long lost issued Gerber.

The MUT is just starting to reach local shops here in Ottawa, I picked mine up at LeBaron and believe they still have a promotion price on them. MSRP is around $150Cdn.  I went with the black EOD version.

I'm impressed Leatherman built a multi-tool for military personal designed to work with the AR-15/C7 style rifle.  The tool is also designed to work with parts from the issued C7 cleaning kit, you can attach rods/brushes into the many threaded holes on the tool.  A really cool feature is the carbon scraper, it actually works well.  Leatherman also included a pretty decent MOLLE/PALS carrying case in neutral coyote brown.  I plan on using my MUT for both military and civilian purposes, always handy to have a good multi-tool.

Overall the quality is excellent.  My only complaint is that it's a little bigger than the older style skeleton multi-tool from Leatherman that was popular with soldiers.

Here is a picture for army.ca I just took of mine:
5324573024_03296d32a5_z.jpg

Specs off of the Leatherman site, because I'm too lazy to type out everything this thing does:

Tools:
420HC Stainless Steel Clip Point Combo Straight/Serrated Knife
Needlenose Pliers
Regular Pliers
154CM Replaceable Wire Cutters
154CM Replaceable Hard-wire Cutters
Stranded Wire Cutters
Saw
Hammer
Replaceable Cutting Hook
Bolt Override Tool
Replaceable Firearm Disassembly Punch
Replaceable Carbon Scraper
Cleaning Rod/Brush Adapters
Carabiner Clip
Bottle Opener
Large Bit Driver
Electrical Crimper
INCLUDED BITS: Phillips #1-2 and 3/16, Phillips #2 and 1/4 Screwdriver, Torx #15 and Hex 7/64
Features:
Stainless Steel Body
Stainless Steel Handles
Bronze Carbon Scraper and Titanium Pocket Clip
Black Oxide Version Available
All Locking Blades and Tools
Outside-accessible Blades for One-handed Opening
Removable Pocket Clip
1/2" and 3/8" Wrench Accessory
MOLLE Sheath
25-Year Warranty
Measurements:
5 in/ 12.7 cm
11.2 oz / 317.5 g
3 in / 7.62 cm

Anyone else have any opinion on these?
-Steve

Steve1987 said:
Hi,

I just got the Leatherman MUT for christmas to replace my long lost issued Gerber.

Just a question why didn't you put in a LSR for the gerber?

To be honest, I lost the issued one on BMQ over 3 years ago.  No excuse, I know, I went to clothing stores at the time and they said they didn't have more, I will get around to updating that so I have one to hand in eventually.

I own a few firearms and do a lot of shooting/outdoors activities outside of work, and I'm pretty happy to use my own stuff for that, anything that doubles is great for me.

Back