• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LCol (Ret'd) David Morkem, The RCR

RIP soldier. I met Dave circa 1966 when he was a platoon commander in 2 RCR in fort York, Germany. We ervied together on and off over the years, including on Combat Team Commanders Course 7201. Dave had also been a member of two Duke of Edinburgh's (sp) trophy teams in the early sixties. This was a skill at arms competition the Duke presented for competition among the commonwealth regiments he was Colonel of, and 2 RCR won it each time. After The RCR won it twice (or maybe three times) they got to keep it, and the competition was put on hold. Dave was a good soldier and a great guy.

Pro Patria.

They won three consecutive awards.  Only one person was a member of all three teams, but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was.  I do recall that after a house fire he had lost them and Dad (who was on two of the winning teams) managed to get them replaced.

At the visitation on Thursday night, while talking to their daughter, it was Dave who was on the three teams (62, 63 and 64) who won the three awards.  He was also the one who lost them in a fire.

And yes E.R. he was one of the good ones.

RIP Dave.

I always feel so sad about the soldiers who struggle their lives for societies security. May God bless all soldiers who are on their missions and they get home soon.

Back