• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lawyer dies after his hidden gun goes off during MRI scan

The passing of Leandro Mathias de Novaes due to the accidental discharge of his own firearm during an MRI scan is a tragic reminder of the importance of adhering to safety protocols in medical facilities. It's especially devastating that a young lawyer with a bright future ahead of him lost his life in such a preventable manner.

The incident also raises questions about the need for stricter regulations surrounding firearms possession. While it's important to respect individual rights, safety concerns should always be the top priority. It's also concerning that the victim shared pro-gun content on social media, highlighting the potential danger of promoting firearms without proper education and safety measures.

My thoughts are with Leandro Mathias de Novaes' family and loved ones during this difficult time. It's important for all of us to learn from this tragedy and prioritize safety measures in all aspects of our lives, including our interactions with firearms.
Additionally, personal injuries caused by accidents can result in long-term disabilities, impacting an individual's ability to work and live a fulfilling life. If you or a loved one has experienced a personal injury that has resulted in long-term disability, it's important to seek out legal assistance to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Verkhovets Law specializes in personal injury cases and can help you navigate the complex legal system. To learn more about their services, visit Verkhovetslaw.

Hey guys, I saw you wondering if I am a bot or no, that's funny.
I am ready to answer your questions btw...

While MRIs may not be responsible for many gun deaths (guns don't shoot people, MRIs . . . ), this is not the only case of an MRI being quick on the draw. A sampling from over the years.

From the May 2002 issue of the American Journal of Roentgenology

Jesus Mary and joseph...

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Was wondering why this thread was still going on...surprised someone hasn't started a Darwin Awards thread and moved it in there...

wishing he had lived, because I want to know how he forgot he had a handgun in his pants?

I had to strip down and put on scrubs to do my 2 or 3 MRIs and CT scans. No street clothes allowed.

Just curious

If he felt the need to have his protection while having an MRI, he likely wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway. If someone wanted him that bad he was likely pretty close to his demise anyway.:unsure:
:giggle:

wishing he had lived, because I want to know how he forgot he had a handgun in his pants?

I had to strip down and put on scrubs to do my 2 or 3 MRIs and CT scans. No street clothes allowed.

Just curious

Same when I've had MRIs. Of course, that was in the diagnostic imaging dept of a major Canadian hospital where space, time and convenience are not 'profit' factors that can dictate protocols which may compromise safety. While the majority of MRI facilities follow the "no street clothes" (or anything else) rule about what enters the machine room (where the magnet is 'always' on), some locations have a less stringent approach. An example from this multi-location American company;

What to Expect During Your MRI

Typically lasting 30 to 60 minutes, MRI exams require very little preparation. Your technologist will simply ask you to remove jewelry, belts and other metal objects, and they will help you lie comfortably on a cushioned table. That table will then slide into the circular MRI machine, where you’ll remain for the duration of the exam. As the technologist collects images, they’ll be able to see, hear and speak to you, alleviating any concerns you may have.

The Brazilian location where the lawyer met his end does seem to have a professional on-line presence (in Portuguese), however google translate provides some insight into why the man was in the procedure room with his mother (who was the patient).

. . . CURA allows the presence of companions at the time of the exam, if necessary. . . .

As I say - "So many stupid people, not enough live ammo"...in this case there was just enough apparently.

Back