• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

lav-105 105mm tank brass shell casing for sale

I remember the original trials with the LPT turret, which turned into the MGS eventually.

The USMC LAV-AG was an entirely US project which wound up cancelled with a few prototype vehicles built.

mduell said:
I was the technical representative for Fairey Hydraulics Limited working with Cadillac Gage on the Lav-105. The auto-loader developed for the lav-105 could load and fire 8 rounds of 105mm in one minute while in motion.  The picture of the lav-105 was the first shot and all the test cords for instrumentation can be seen coming from the turret. The pictured shot was at the ARES firing range between Toledo and Cleveland along lake Erie. 105mm TK shell casings sell for $350 in most collections. I'm only asking $250

I'm sorry, as a long time collector without rock solid provenance it would not be part of my collection.....for that price anyways.

Larry

mduell said:
I have an honorary engineering degree from Fairey Hydraulics for my work on the lav-105 project

So you received an honorary engineering degree from the company you worked for.  ::)

If you are asking people to fork over $250.00 for a brass casing that supposedly has some history behind it, you're going to back that up with more than just your word for it, which appears to be about all you can provide.

The lav-105 was built on the general dynamics Canada lav (gen3) vehicle. By the way General Dynamics also bought out Canadian Arsenal ltd which is the Canadian Arsenal that produced  brass 105mm to shells. And again regardless of where it came from it the fact that I fired it.....this is the only 105mm brass TK shell casing under $350

mduell said:
The lav-105 was built on the general dynamics Canada lav (gen3) vehicle. By the way General Dynamics also bought out Canadian Arsenal ltd which is the Canadian Arsenal that produced  brass 105mm to shells. And again regardless of where it came from it the fact that I fired it.....this is the only 105mm brass TK shell casing under $350

It was not built on the Gen-III LAV platform.  The LAV-105 vehicle in the photo was built on a modified USMC LAV-25 chassis, originally built by Diesel Division General Motors. (And which, after being sold by GM, became General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada.  Not General Dynamics Canada, the former Computing Devices Canada.)  "Generation-wise", the original USMC LAV-25 would be considered Gen-I.  There's only been two 105mm guns put on a Gen-III type platform:  MGS and a 105mm howitzer.

General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems owns the former Canada Arsenal... now. 

All part of the big GD, but, effectively completely separate.

Back