• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

lav-105 105mm tank brass shell casing for sale

mduell

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a brass 105mm shell casing fired from the very first lav-105. Please see the attached pictures. This is a105mm tk shell casing.... Thank you for your interest. Asking $250 or best offer.

mduell said:
I have a brass 195mm she'll casing fired from the very first lav-105. Please see the attached pictures. This is a105mm to she'll casing.... Thank you for your interest. Asking $250 or best offer.

Prove it.

Larry

Larry Strong said:
Prove it.

Larry
What he said - nothing personal, but folks around here have been through some recent instances of people being not quite what they say they are, so one can be a touch .... suspicious.

Milnet.ca Staff

I will use the Pawn Stars analogy - That must be one heavy shell casing since brass sells for $1.80/lb and you want $250.

Simian Turner said:
I will use the Pawn Stars analogy - That must be one heavy shell casing since brass sells for $1.80/lb and you want $250.

But that's retail and I have to make a living, so best I can do is 45 cents a pound.

I was the technical representative for Fairey Hydraulics Limited working with Cadillac Gage on the Lav-105. The auto-loader developed for the lav-105 could load and fire 8 rounds of 105mm in one minute while in motion.  The picture of the lav-105 was the first shot and all the test cords for instrumentation can be seen coming from the turret. The pictured shot was at the ARES firing range between Toledo and Cleveland along lake Erie. 105mm TK shell casings sell for $350 in most collections. I'm only asking $250

mduell said:
I was the technical representative for Fairey Hydraulics Limited working with Cadillac Gage on the Lav-105. The auto-loader developed for the lav-105 could load and fire 8 rounds of 105mm in one minute while in motion.  The picture of the lav-105 was the first shot and all the test cords for instrumentation can be seen coming from the turret. The pictured shot was at the ARES firing range between Toledo and Cleveland along lake Erie. 105mm TK shell casings sell for $350 in most collections. I'm only asking $250

Can you provide a certified provenance from someone fairly high up on the food chain at CG that worked on the project? Someone like the Project Manager?

Otherwise, it's just another 105 shell, like the others I have here already.

And they are not worth $350 apiece, even though they are shiny, presentable parade markers............with the expended fuses.

If you can prove the price you quoted with a web link, it'd be much appreciated.

Cadillac Gage is now Textron Marine Land systems and is no longer in Detroit. Fairey Hydraulics Limited in the UK has also been closed for some time now. I have an honorary engineering degree from Fairey Hydraulics for my work on the lav-105 project but let me answer another question before I add more personal information about me. You can find many 105mm artillery shell casings for $30. You won't find any 105mm TK shells for under $350 other than mine. If I add a inert dummy warhead the value goes to $850. Look for yourself

mduell said:
Cadillac Gage is now Textron Marine Land systems and is no longer in Detroit. Fairey Hydraulics Limited in the UK has also been closed for some time now. I have an honorary engineering degree from Fairey Hydraulics for my work on the lav-105 project but let me answer another question before I add more personal information about me. You can find many 105mm artillery shell casings for $30. You won't find any 105mm TK shells for under $350 other than mine. If I add a inert dummy warhead the value goes to $850. Look for yourself

Inert dummy warhead?  A description of this warhead, ie. materials, would be nice. 

Would it be a wooden "HEAT", "HE", "WP" round; or metal "APDS", "APDSFS"; or what kind of dummy warhead?

mduell said:

Where?

As I have four such parade markers, with dummy heads and expended fuses, I might be interested in where I could get in on a cash cow such as this.

It's a little surprising to see Canadian base markings on a shell casing used in a US funded development test activity, especially when conducted in the USA. 

recceguy said:
Also, IIRC, most US 105mm was steel cased.

http://army.ca/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=116963.0;attach=46958;image

Shows Cdn markings.

Max Power said:
It's a little surprising to see Canadian base markings on a shell casing used in a US funded development test activity, especially when conducted in the USA.

We sent the LAV MGS and Armour Corps crews down to the US to trial.  We failed it more than once.  It is no surprise that there would be Cdn ammo for the testing.

He is not claiming it was fired in an LAV MGS though.  He is claiming it was fired in a LAV-105, which is a different older vehicle.

MCG said:
He is not claiming it was fired in an LAV MGS though.  He is claiming it was fired in a LAV-105, which is a different older vehicle.

Stand corrected.  Top Photo IS of a USMC LAV 105.

Makes for an odd collection of photos.

Canadian Arsenal/SNC-Lavelin/GD-OTS, all of whom have used CAQ as a manufacturer's code do supply components and complete rounds to the US military.  There is nothing surprising about this.

Back