• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat: Life at Kandahar Airfield

toyotatundra

Inactive
Reaction score
Back in 2007, Kandahar Airfield (KAF) in every aspect was your average small town of 15,000 people — we had fire and police departments, a post office, bus routes, coffee shops and restaurants, shops, banks, garages.

The main difference was that everyone dressed more or less the same and carried high-powered firearms (so maybe it’s an average small Texas town). And with any small town there is only so many things to do in the run of a day.

http://afghanistan.nationalpost.com/lather-rinse-repeat-life-at-kandahar-airfield/

If you want real info on at least one aspect of life at KAF, my food critics blog of the KAF eateries may make you smile. justdfacsmaam.wordpress.com
I'm retired Cdn military and been working as a civie in KAF for 2 1/2 years so I know what I'm talking about...probably more than the National Post does.

KAFoodie, just read your blog, couldn't help but laugh.  I'm now using it to tell people what life is like over here, especially now that you've branched out from just reviewing DFACs.  Keep up the good work!

Got trapped in KAF for a little bit myself. Don't miss it at all. Loved being out on the road or in a FOB. Although there is a lot less to do in a FOB, the time seemed to pass more easily. 

Thanks...more updates on the blog now: justdfacsmaam.wordpress.com

Back